Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Errors in the library for JBSystems MicroLedManager  (Read 520 times)

November 05, 2018, 09:32:34 PM
Read 520 times

AxelF

Edit: I have managed to get it running.

The second location seems to be "defect" in some way. I have programmed the same contents on the fourth location and it works well, see attached picture.

When I am honest: I am firmware programmer since 30 years and I hate nasty and bad programmed small devices !

Even in these devices your company has a lot of unsolved problems. We don't even speak about CueluxPro….

Regards
Axel

I have just started to setup the lighting for my kitchen, which is controlled by LPU2.

There are two JBSystems MicroLedManagers, which I have inserted from the library. The writer of this library seem to to have respected the DMX layout of this unit. The fourth channel is NOT simply the dimmer. It is the dimmer from 0 - 190. Higher values result in shutter etc. The manual is attached.

The second unit does not work at all, because the LPU2 outputs only 0 at the forth channel.

Regards
Axel
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:41:58 PM by AxelF »

November 06, 2018, 04:54:29 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I am the one in charge of the fixture files and there si not mistakes in the fixture file.
The thing is that cuety as an entry level solution can only manage one function per channel.... So channel 4 is assigned to the cuety dimmer fader but you can reach the shutter from it.
I hope this will help you,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 06, 2018, 09:18:13 AM
Reply #2

AxelF

Julien,

that would mean, that I should not select this fixture in the library but a 4 channel general purpose device ?

Regards
Axel

November 06, 2018, 09:20:14 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
nope this is not what i meant... Even if you can use a RGBD fixture from teh generic manufacturer it won't change the fact that the shutter will be on the dimmer fader.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 06, 2018, 09:24:10 AM
Reply #4

AxelF

If I make a cuelist with cues, where the dimmer value is set to 190, I can run the cuelist and use the fader without reaching the shutter values.

November 06, 2018, 10:27:39 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
If your cue goes from 0 to 190 it won't go thrue the shutter values that are highers...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 07, 2018, 08:24:37 PM
Reply #6

AxelF

Julien,

the first device works now like I want, but I have problems with the second, identical device.

I have used the Swisson DMX tester to check the channels, but Cuety does not output what I expect.

Can you check my showfile ?

Regards
Axel

November 08, 2018, 07:40:55 AM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
yes sure, please sen it to: jl"at"visualproductions"dot"nl
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 08, 2018, 08:41:57 AM
Reply #8

AxelF

The second location seems to be "defect" in some way. I have programmed the same contents on the fourth location and it works well, see attached picture.

November 09, 2018, 05:06:21 AM
Reply #9

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
ok, this is strange, but glad you solved your problem.
I will follow up this to the dev team to let them investigate.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk