Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Backup  (Read 1899 times)

October 25, 2018, 01:49:53 PM
Read 1899 times

CLAUDIO.LEONI

HI,
How many Universe I can use with the cuecore2?
If is possible i will use a cuecore2 or cuecore4 for a backup on a desk light, but I use 6 Universe
My Idea is to use this product for a Emergenzy in a show.
Or any Suggest???

Thanks a lot

Claudio

October 26, 2018, 09:13:14 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Claudio,

The CueCore2 does 2 universes, and the QuadCore does 4.
They can be combined in a master-slave setup to get 6 universes.

Greetings,
Bootsy

November 27, 2018, 03:29:18 PM
Reply #2

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Thanks,
Now I habe buy two quadCore and b-station.
New question...
I have a console and this work on Art-net( is a compulite vector) with 6 universe in a subnet (2) all via Ethernet.
Now i try to connect the two quadcore in a networking and then to listen the art-net of console for then programming a button on a B-station. ( Iwant use the solusion for a Emergenzy)

You can help me to programming all? I make something errob but I have no idea where....

Thanks for reply..

November 27, 2018, 05:54:20 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Sure I can help and explain! But I'm not quite sure yet what it is you want.
So what exactly has to happen when you press a button on the B-Station?

Greetings,
Bootsy

November 28, 2018, 08:32:47 AM
Reply #4

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Hi,
When i Press the button 1 i want send 1 show( cue or cuelist) via artnet on the node ( ELC)
But this show i Want record via artnet from the console.
I send you a small slide in Power Point to explain

November 28, 2018, 10:23:34 AM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Claudio,

The settings for Art-net input and output, as well as many other input and output settings are on the SETTINGS page. Once set up, you can feed the Art-net to the ELC Node through the SHOWCONTROL page. Easy start is to click the template 'Receiving Art-Net'
Now you should output the Art-Net received, following the input and output settings for Art-Net on the settings page.

For the recording you need to be on the TRACK page. Please note that the memory is divided between the tracks, so every track always takes the same amount of memory as the other tracks. You can change the amount of tracks in the settings page, 8 tracks are twice as long as having 16 tracks.
(Changing the amount of tracks will empty the tracks, so choose first. If you want long tracks with a lot of lights choose a low setting like 4 or 8)
The tracks can be used as cues in the playback page.

To enable the emergency mode you can use the B-Station to send OSC in showcontrol. Use the source "OSC" and have a look at the task type "Actionlist"
You can use this to enable or disable the art-net feed from the lighting desks to the DMX node and lights.

You can also use OSC and Showcontrol to start the playbacks you want to be active during the emergency.

I hope this will help you on your way, if you have more questions please feel free to ask!

November 29, 2018, 08:14:57 AM
Reply #6

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Thank you for reply.
Yes now work the problem was in the IP I don't now why, but the first time I must use the IP 2.x.x.x.x and after go on my Ip ( I use the 10.x.x.x.) whit this then liste the arnet and after work.
wich action I can stop the arnet from console?
and
when i have two Quadcore, first master and second slave the programming I must give in each quadcore or only on the master ? ( for exemple subnet/ univers or action)

Thank you for help claudio

November 29, 2018, 11:53:33 AM
Reply #7

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Claudio,

The programming is mostly in the master QuadCore, but is depending on the situation.

The command to disable the Art-Net feed is as in the print screen I've attached

Greetings
Bootsy

December 10, 2018, 01:20:29 PM
Reply #8

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Hi thank you for support.
for disable art-net you mind only in one subnet then I have programming or in all network? becasue on the same network I have more studio, and I need only disable in sub-net 2 not in all.

Greetings
Claudio

December 10, 2018, 02:05:07 PM
Reply #9

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

You only disable the Art-Net feed that goes via the QuadCore.
Console outputs Art-Net universe 1 => Quadcore channels Art-Net universe 1 into his output A, setup in settings at universe 2 => universe 2 goes into ELC node
Console outputs Art-Net universe 3 => Universe 3 also goes into ELC Node

Just make sure that the ELC Node doesn't use Art-Net Universe 1 (in this example) And you will only be switching off the connection between Universe 1 => universe 2, while 3 goes on

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk