Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: IoCore2 RS232->ArtNet(DMX)  (Read 1599 times)

December 20, 2018, 09:23:22 PM
Read 1599 times

Alaster

HI
I´m new to this device:-)

I have an IoCore2 where I connected RS232 to a computer that generates value and the values are sent to the IoCore device. I have tested sending RS232 data and sending it via DMX to a DMX-tester and this works satisfactorily.
Now I wish to get this data over Art-Net to later send them to a D3 media server.

I'm running the Artnetominator windows program to view the artnet data.
On the IoCore device, I can see the data sent to the UDP port.

I only see that there is a device in the Artnetominator view, I can not see the actual data from IoCore.

Is there a syntax for the IOcore device to know that it should send out Art-Net Data (DMX)?
My wish is that the received Rs232 data is feed to a DMX-adress and sent vid Art-net to the media server.

Any tips or ideas of how to solve this?

Regards
Magnus

December 21, 2018, 09:28:07 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I have tested sending RS232 data and sending it via DMX to a DMX-tester and this works satisfactorily.
Did you test this with the IoCore DMX out?

What kind of data are you sending over RS232?

Greetings,
Bootsy

December 21, 2018, 11:24:08 AM
Reply #2

Alaster

I tried with both.

The data I am sending is e.g. A=120(0x0D)B=220(0x0D) to the unit. This works when I am reading it with a DMX-tester.
I am using a filter in the DMX setting to strip away the A= and the B=.

Is DMX and Art-net/sACN separated in the IoCore or are the treated as the "same"?

December 21, 2018, 01:36:59 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
For the input they are separated, as output they are the same. You can merge the input into the output via Showcontrol, using the templates "receiving Art-Net / DMX / sACN "
You do have to setup the Art-net input and output universe in the settings of the IoCore.

I think you can control multiple single channels via rs232 > Showcontrol > DMX/Art-net but not an entire universe, if that is what you're trying to do.
You have to setup a control task per channel.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk