Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: LED Pixel booth - control?  (Read 1414 times)

December 29, 2018, 12:44:00 AM
Read 1414 times

toby

• Your DJ - Hampshire UK
Hello I currently have used Cuety for a couple of years now and want to build a booth that has some form of LED pixel matrix on the front. That way I can show a light show and also project venue logos, client monograms and other images. Has anyone else used the quad core for this and how does it work in principle? The main thing I want is something like Cuety and have a series of 3-4 buttons that I can trigger and not have to worry too much about the lighting.

This sort of thing would be ideal (less of the music videos though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQoXj1URiA

I am confused as I have seen that the power management on these devices are hard (T1000 I think), so powering all the led patches is tough??? If I can use something along these lines with Cuety also this would ,make my world so much easier, that way I can control my lights and booth in one go. Failing that use one of the other control devices with a smartphone?

Thanks.

January 02, 2019, 12:10:01 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

In short:

Best is to find RGB led panels with DMX control.

You can use CueluxPro to pre-program your lights, and store them as "tracks" on the QuadCore. This also works for the pixel mapper included in CueluxPro.
The QuadCore has six seperate playbacks, capable of having multiple cues (tracks). You can trigger these Cues using OSC with Kiosc.
Kiosc runs on iOS / macOS / Android / Ubuntu / Windows (10)

With Kiosc you can create your own layout, using faders, buttons and more.

It is a bit more complicated setting up than Cuety though!

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk