Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Unable to access web interface peer to peer cuecore2  (Read 1787 times)

June 03, 2019, 11:07:37 AM
Read 1787 times

Wimads

Hi all,

I am just starting out with a cuecore2, and was trying to set it up.
I connected it peer to peer to my PC since there are no ports available on my router.
Then I reset the cuecore2 to put it into static IP mode .

I can find the cuecore2 in the vmanager, but am unable to access the web interface. It simply returns "page unavailable" in my browser (tried both opera and ms edge).

I tried by both clicking "browse" in the vmanager, and by directly typing the ip in the web browser (ip that is shown in the vmanager).

Anyone who can help me with this?

- cuecore2, firmware 1.31
- windows 10 pc
- opera browser, ms edge browser
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:09:14 AM by Wimads »

June 03, 2019, 11:51:50 AM
Reply #1

Wimads

Update:
Freed up a port in my router, and connected the cuecore to that. Cuecore2 shows as should in vmanager, but still unable to access web interface. This time the browser returns "connection timed out"

Update2:
Set it to DHCP mode, now I can access the web interface.
I would prefer however to be able to access the cuecore peer 2 peer with static IP. Is this not possible?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:55:42 AM by Wimads »

June 03, 2019, 04:52:19 PM
Reply #2

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Wimads,

The CueCore2 can be configured with a dynamic IP using DHCP or a static IP.

If the CueCore2 is using DHCP the LED will be red. And it will ask for an IP address from a DHCP server. In this case your router is the DHCP server.

If no DHCP server is available you will have to set the CueCore2 to static mode. In this mode you can manually set the IP address.

The default IP address is 192.168.1.10 with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0. In order to connect to the CueCore2 while in static mode. You will have to set the IP address of the CueCore2 to be in the same network as your computer.

Clicking on the about button in the vManager will show you the IP addresses of your computer. Most computers will get an IP address which looks like 169.254.XXX.XXX with a sub net mask of 255.255.0.0. When they are not connected to a router.

If this is the case you can change the IP address of the CueCore2 to something like 169.254.100.100.

Select the CueCore2 in the vManager. Then select the IP address in the properties. And click on change. Now you can enter the new IP address the CueCore2 will use.

Note: You can switch between static and DHCP mode using the reset button. Long pressing the reset button will switch to static with the default IP address.

If your IP does not look like 169.254.XXX.XXX you may want to set the IP address to the address shown by the vManager where you change the last number either 1 up or down.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

June 04, 2019, 11:41:35 AM
Reply #3

Wimads

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk