Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Updating Problems  (Read 2452 times)

May 08, 2019, 08:33:41 AM
Read 2452 times

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Hey, I would like to update to 1.4.3 from 1.3.96 but I am having an issue. If I do a clean install of 1.4.3 it works but there are no personality files, so I download them and add them but if I try to patch in my fixtures none of the gobo or color wheel info works (all colours are black in the programmer, all gobos are a red X in programmer). If I copy over any of the user information or show files from my previous version it crashes, on rare occasions when it doesn't crash on startup only half of my patch is loaded (personalities from my User folder are the only ones loaded). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:04:20 PM by MylesAway »

May 08, 2019, 09:04:11 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Please try the latest version from our FTP server, 1.4.47.

ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl/releases/public/

Greetings,
Bootsy

May 09, 2019, 05:51:36 AM
Reply #2

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Thanks for the reply! This version will load if I give it enough time (about 5 minutes) it boots to the Option/File screen and then I need to give it a few more minutes to load the patch, once the patch is loaded I can select my fixtures but the colour and gobo information is still missing in the programmer. If I select any of my cues the colour information doesn't show up on the fixture in my patch either. When I close cuelux (clicking the power button for 4 seconds) it usually only closes the window and it uses 100% of CPU in the activity monitor for a few minutes until the program actually quits.

All of these issues I had with the previous version (1.4.3) but at least this one boots up eventually and on a fresh install the Factory library is there (Still missing colour and gobo information though). However this is still not usable.

Here's my computer specs:

OSX Mojave 10.14.4
MBP Retina 15"
2.8GHz i7
16GB DDR3
1TB SSD

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:56:29 AM by MylesAway »

May 09, 2019, 09:16:18 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Please try to move your visual productions folder away from your user documents folder. Back it up to your desktop or rename it.
Cuelux should load quickly then.

Greetings,
Bootsy

May 09, 2019, 09:58:06 AM
Reply #4

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Hey,

That is the first thing I did when I installed 1.4.47, It loads quickly but there is nothing here, and if I patch in my fixtures the colour and gobo information is still missing in the programmer. So this doesn't help me. I have also put in a lot of time programming scenes and I cannot loose them, I need to be able to update and keep my show file. I have attached screen shots of the program running without my user folder and one fixture patched (Elation Platinum Beam 5R Extreme) there is no colour wheel or gobo wheel.

May 09, 2019, 12:34:53 PM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

So what happens if you try to load the showfile into the new VisualProductions folder?
Can you share the showfile with me? I'll have a look.

The gobo's and colours missing is a bug apparently. We will fix this in the next version.
For the colours I have a workaround, copy the colours I included in this post into visualproductions/common/ and they should work. (There is an empty folder named 'colours' currently, it should not be empty.)

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience...

Greetings,
Bootsy

May 09, 2019, 08:59:01 PM
Reply #6

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
If I add my show file to the new Visual Productions folder it boots very slowly (~5 minutes) but I also need to add my user personalities as half my fixtures are patched to user personalities.

Here is the backup of my Visual Productions folder from 1.3.96:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7gicwzfv5m14b55/AABQZfl86yXpfE4z82_u5nUoa?dl=0

Let me know if you have any luck!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:04:43 PM by MylesAway »

May 10, 2019, 10:08:15 AM
Reply #7

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

It appears that there is a difference in the time it costs when loading a showfile in version 1.3.96 vs newer versions.
I've added it to the buglist.

It is also a very big showfile, so that makes it worse I see.

I'm afraid updating this is not going to be an easy fix though. So it might take a while.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk