Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Channel offset every 20 channels?  (Read 1568 times)

June 20, 2019, 11:30:47 PM
Read 1568 times

Diggerz

Hi,

We have an existing project that was previously controlled with a Buttler DMX unit. The existing site has 6 DMX universes with approximately 120 RGBW fixtures on each universe. Every universe is divided up into strings of between 20-30 fixtures using splitters.

We are replacing the existing Buttler unit with Quadcores. While testing on site we have found that the RGBW fixtures are behaving strangely when being controller by cuelux pro and the quad core.

We are finding that every 20 fixtures the channels are stepping out by 1. For example if we try to set a universe to red, the first 20 fixtures are red, the next 20 are white, the next 20 are blue, the next 20 are green and so on.
We also find that the fixtures around the step are flickering between the 2 colours ie fixtures 19,20,21 will flicker between red and white, 39,40,41 will flicker between white and blue ect

If we manually add a fixture with 1 channel to position 20 we then get the first 40 fixtures as red however the fixtures still flicker at position 19,20,21 between red and white.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before or might have an idea on what to try to remove the flickering and the offset.

When using the existing Buttler unit we do not experience this. The existing unit is using a straight patch of 120 4 channel fixtures. Which is what we have replicated with cuelux pro and the quad core.

EDIT: we have done some more testing and suspect the problem lies with the splitters but still not sure what or why this is...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:18:40 AM by Diggerz »

June 21, 2019, 11:00:31 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I haven't heard of something like this happening before...
Thank you for letting us know it might be the splitters. If you want me to have a look at your showfile, you can send it to support at visualproductions.nl.
Please keep us informed of what you find.

Greetings,
Bootsy

July 17, 2019, 07:37:47 PM
Reply #2

srompre

Looks like I have the same issue here with a CueCore2.

Did you find a solution for this ?

Thanks

July 18, 2019, 09:45:23 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I haven't heard anything unfortunately,But last thing he posted was that they suspected the splitters.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk