Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Astera AX3 Lightdrop  (Read 2782 times)

July 05, 2019, 10:38:26 PM
Read 2782 times

guenter

Hi,
does anybody know, if the Astera AX3 is compatible with Cuety without any additional transmitter/receiver etc.
Thanx from Hamburg
Günter

July 08, 2019, 10:02:21 AM
Reply #1

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Guenter,

The LPU can output Wired DMX, Art-Net and sACN. It does not have any wireless connectivity build in. Typically a wireless router or access point is able to relay the Ethernet messages between a wireless device and the LPU. Unfortunately (wireless) DMX is not an Ethernet message.

The Astera AX3 seems to only support wireless DMX. Which the LPU does not support.

After reading the technical specifications on https://astera-led.com/ax3/. I found "Wired DMX: supported via Astera PowerBox". Therefor you will need an additional transmitter / receiver. For more info about the fixture I would recommend to contact Astera.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

September 05, 2019, 12:31:17 PM
Reply #2

guenter

Hi Guido,

thanx for the info.

In the meantime I bought Astera AX3 and the tranceiver Asterabox too. The Box has an DMX Output, which I can connect to my Cuety.
Unfortunately there are no Astera personalities in the database. Is it possible to add them within short time? I'd like to use it for a gig upcoming Saturday.

Thanx a lot
Greetings from Hamburg
Günter

September 05, 2019, 04:21:03 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Günter,

For the most modes of the AX3 you can use the Generic library. You just have to match the right mode with the right personality.
If you would like custom personalities you can make a request in Builder & Personality file requests
These will be made for you, and you can add them to Cuety yourself. But they will also be easy to find for other users looking for personality files.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk