Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Tempo BPM MIDI MODE not working via IAC driver using WAVECLOCK  (Read 3537 times)

October 05, 2019, 09:47:45 AM
Read 3537 times

mixedbyalex

It actually worked one time - I exited CueluxPro and when I restarted it would no longer sync.
I followed the video on YouTube. Having been working with MIDI since the mid 80s, I found the process really simple and straight forward. I believe all settings are correct as it worked for hours until I exited the program.

Machine is running OS X EL Capitan and CueluxPro release 1..4.47.

Several other MIDI programs are reading the TEMPO with no issues from WAVELOCK via the IAC driver,

It is possible that something got "funky" when I exited CueluxPro and I need to reset/delete preferences or "something"?
If so, how do I go about it?

I am attaching screenshots with settings also showing IAC working outside of CueluxPro

Any help is appreciated!

Thank YOU...

October 07, 2019, 09:35:06 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I've seen this working in the past I think, not 100% sure.
I cannot get it to work either at this moment. I will put it on the buglist. I'm sorry for the inconvenience...

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 07, 2019, 04:09:42 PM
Reply #2

mixedbyalex

Bootsy,

thank you for your reply.

Something is definitively going on with the MIDI tempo feature in general in CueluxPro.

Yesterday, I tried to feed a nice stable clean clock directly into my CueCore2 MIDI INPUT and it freezes CueluxPro as soon as I click and hold on the small tempo/BPM window.
The only way out is FORCE QUIT the app.
All the above on a fresh OS X Sierra and CueluxPro installation.
I really need this feature to happen. I was happy with Cuelux, but decided to move up to CueluxPro / CueCore2 mainly due to the dual MIDI control surface support and other expanded time of day based features.

Now, I am in trouble because I believe I can't even run Cuelux without the USB dongle (sold).

Alex

October 07, 2019, 05:01:58 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Alex,

I'm very sorry you are experiencing issues with CueluxPro.
I will try and recreate your setup, what are you using for signal into the CueCore2?

Did you have the MIDI tempo working in Cuelux?

I'm afraid you cannot use Cuelux without the USB cable- it doesn't work with CueCore2.

Greetings
Bootsy

October 07, 2019, 06:06:16 PM
Reply #4

mixedbyalex

Hi Bootsy,

Yes, the MIDI Tempo always worked in Cuelux.

I tried to send clock from (for testing purposes) from a Yamaha DD-55 @ 100BPM which locks to any other gear I own via straight MIDI CABLE into CueCore2  (old school song stable signal).

I also tried Ableton via MOTU interface then straight MIDI CABLE into CueCore2.

CueluxPro froze on both occasions.

If you can create ANY instance of MIDI TEMPO working in CueluxPro with ANY combination of HARDWARE and/or VIRTUAL ports, please share it.

Would you please ask Mr. mr. Maarten Engels his opinion...

Thank You!

Alex

October 08, 2019, 09:22:58 AM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Alex,

I'm afraid I can not get it to work either.

I will ask Maarten his opinion.

Unfortunately, we are a little short on CueluxPro developers at this time... So I cannot give an estimate of when it will be fixed.
I'm very sorry.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 08, 2019, 05:54:20 PM
Reply #6

mixedbyalex

February 26, 2020, 05:20:13 AM
Reply #7

mixedbyalex

February 26, 2020, 12:22:04 PM
Reply #8

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Alex,

I'm afraid not. We did spend some time on it, and got it partially working. But it will not work above 110 bpm, so I'm afraid we have to rewrite a lot of code.
I'm sorry for the bad news.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk