Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: OSX Catalina  (Read 3858 times)

October 12, 2019, 10:11:25 PM
Read 3858 times

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Has anyone tested OS X Catalina with Cuelux yet? If so, did it work? what version did you test?

Thanks!

October 14, 2019, 09:11:23 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

For me it's working, I've tried 1.4.47 and 1.4.50 (This is the new version since last week)

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 15, 2019, 07:40:49 AM
Reply #2

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
I have updated to Catalina and Cuelux 10450 and now the cuelux window is 1/4 the size it should be, and I cannot click on anything in the window properly (for example, clicking on Options actually clicks Play on Fader 1. I have tried deleting the options file as I know that was an issue with full screen mode in the past but it did not help. Screen shot attached. Any help would be appreciated. I need to get this working fr the weekend!

October 15, 2019, 09:25:34 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

That's new...
Can you try and remove the options.xml from the visualproductions folder in your user's documents?

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 15, 2019, 09:34:35 AM
Reply #4

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Hey Bootsy, that was the first thing I tried, unfortunately there was no change. Do you have any other recommendations?

I will email you a link to a copy of my Visual Productions folder for you to look at too!

Thank you!
-Myles

October 15, 2019, 09:51:13 AM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

What resolution is your screen? And what resolution is selected in Cuelux?
Can you try lowering your resolution of your macbook, perhaps that will help you through the weekend... Although I am not sure.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 16, 2019, 05:16:03 AM
Reply #6

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Okay, so I have also tried this on my iMac with the same result, there was only one instance where it booted up and during the loading screen it switched from 1/4 window to the full proper size, I have no idea why and I cannot recreate this. I have tried changing my screen resolution with no success. I have also tried completely deleting the Visual Productions folder and starting fresh, same result. Both of these Macs have retina displays. I have attached two screen shots, one with standard resolution and one with the display resolution set to a smaller size (It just cut off the cuelux window).

October 16, 2019, 09:09:47 AM
Reply #7

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Which smaller resolution did you try? The screenshot is still very large it seems.
I recommend trying 1920x1080 / fullHD.

We are looking into this...

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 18, 2019, 03:05:56 AM
Reply #8

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Resolution has no effect! Screen shot attached. This was 1024x640.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:08:23 AM by MylesAway »

October 18, 2019, 09:27:17 AM
Reply #9

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Myles,

We haven't found the issue yet.
I've had a user with a similar issue on vManager, but that was solved by completely removing vManager and reinstalling.

Have you tried that?

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 18, 2019, 09:43:08 AM
Reply #10

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
Hey Bootsy, yes I have tried removing all the files and reinstalling, no luck. I and downgrading to OS X10.14 tonight so I can run an older version of Cuelux tomorrow. Please update me if a fix is found, I suspect it might have something to do with retina displays?

Thanks!
-Myles

October 18, 2019, 09:56:06 AM
Reply #11

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Myles,

I will let you know when we find anything. The weird thing is that I have a colleague with a retina display macbook and its working fine for him...

I will try with a 4k display with my macbook today, and see what happens.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 18, 2019, 08:34:24 PM
Reply #12

MylesAway

• Down at the RadioShack
    • instagram
It works without issue on OS X Mojave. However it still takes quite some time to boot with my show file.

October 21, 2019, 04:50:18 PM
Reply #13

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Myles,

Good to hear you got a working setup again.

We haven't solved the issue with loading the showfile yet unfortunately, but it is on the list. It should be possible to load it a bit faster.

Greetings,
Bootsy

November 03, 2019, 07:24:53 PM
Reply #14

Kn00t

My Catalina says Cuelux cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. And Apple removed the "0pen anyway" button, so I´m pretty stuck :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk