Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueLux 10450 and Windows 10 64Bit  (Read 2139 times)

October 22, 2019, 09:36:55 PM
Read 2139 times

agkionis

I installed Cuelux on another computer that runs Windows 10 64bit and as soon as I start the software it crashes.  I have tried older versions of Cuelux with the same effect.  It does not seem to load, and crashes as soon as it starts.  It was working fine until I upgraded some components on the computer, and hasn't worked since.  Can you please advise on what I can try?  Cuelux works fine on my laptop that runs Windows 10 64bit. 

I am including the computer specs, just in case they are helpful:
Intel Core i7
32GB DDR4 RAM
500GB NVMe SSD
nVidia GTX 1660Ti

The parts that were changed were the graphics card, the SSD and added more RAM.

Thanks in advance.

October 23, 2019, 09:17:33 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

One thing you can try, is moving the visual productions folder away from your users documents folder. You can move it to the desktop for example.
Don't delete it, because your showfiles are in there as well.

If Cuelux is working again, you can copy in your showfile and see if that works as well.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 23, 2019, 06:40:21 PM
Reply #2

agkionis

Hello Bootsy

Thanks for the suggestion.  I was looking for the Visual Productions folder on my documents, but I didn't have one.  So it got me thinking, and after some research within Windows, I found out the problem.  The latest version of Windows, along with Office, stores the documents files and folders (including new installations) to OneDrive (I figured it out by looking at a log from Cuelux saying it cannot find a path on my OneDrive, as well as a similar problem at work).  So I disabled backing up My Documents and Desktop to OneDrive and all is working well now.  Just thought of putting what I found here so that other people can see if they have the same problem.

October 24, 2019, 09:34:33 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Good find!
Thank you very much for your feedback, I'm sure this will help other users (And me!)

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk