Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Misc UDP Functions  (Read 2201 times)

January 28, 2020, 12:10:35 PM
Read 2201 times

TimEllis

I have a quadCore I wish to adjust DMX output values via UPD.

The manual gives the string
core-dmx-1=<integer>
Set the value of a DMX channel

How do I specify the universe of the DMX channel?

Thanks

Tim.

January 28, 2020, 12:16:29 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Tim,

We just count up starting from universe 1, so if you type 513 it will be channel 1 for universe 2. 1025 is channel 1 for universe 3 and 1537 is channel 1 for universe 4.

Greetings,
Bootsy

January 28, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
Reply #2

TimEllis

Perfect, Thank you.

Is there a UDP Command for recording a scene to a track?

The command core-tr-1-record starts recording a sequence rather than a single scene.
As can be done using the web console.

Many thanks

Tim.

January 28, 2020, 02:36:20 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Tim,

Yes, you can use core-tr-select to select the track, and then use core-tr-snapshot-dmx / core-tr-snapshot-artnet / core-tr-snapshot-sacn to record a snapshot/frame.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 12, 2020, 12:46:57 PM
Reply #4

TimEllis

core-tr-snapshot-dmx snapshots the incoming DMX signal to the selected track as oppose to the DMX output?

What I am looking for is to be able to snapshot the DMX output to a track via UDP.
The third party controller sets the DMX values via UDP, I then need to be able to record this to a track again via UDP.

Many thanks

Tim.

February 12, 2020, 01:30:20 PM
Reply #5

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tim,

Unfortunately there is only a system for recording the received universes. There is no system for recording the output.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

February 12, 2020, 01:57:58 PM
Reply #6

TimEllis

Can values stored in a track be modified via UDP as with the console on the webpage for modifying tracks?

Can a universe be output simutaneously on both a DMX port and an Artnet port, such that I could snapshot the Artnet universe via UDP in order to record to a track?

February 12, 2020, 02:08:36 PM
Reply #7

Guido Visser

• Administrator
    • Visual Productions
Hello Tim,

Can values stored in a track be modified via UDP as with the console on the webpage for modifying tracks?
No this is not possible.

Can a universe be output simutaneously on both a DMX port and an Artnet port, such that I could snapshot the Artnet universe via UDP in order to record to a track?
It is possible to output both Art-Net and DMX at the same time.
However our products will not received Art-net packets which have been send by the device itself,
It is possible to record DMX if you loop it back to the other port.

If you are creating an application to program our products. You may be able to send and Art-Net packet to our devices. Art-Net is not a very complicated protocol. Or you could capture a Art-Net packet and send it back.

Best regards,
Guido
Guido Visser
Visual Productions BV

February 18, 2020, 11:19:59 AM
Reply #8

TimEllis

I have rearranged ports on the Quad cores. Port C is now a DMX in (the output of Port B)

The command core-tr-select works via UDP selecting the desired track.
However the command core-tr-snapshot-DMX via UDP does not seem to record to the track.

The incoming DMX will record to the track via the web console page.
Where abouts would I be going wrong?

When using the UDP snap shot command, how do I specify which universe to record to. In the web console window this is done by selecting on the right hand side the universe?

Many thanks.

Tim.

February 18, 2020, 12:27:48 PM
Reply #9

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

So to repeat what we just spoke about on the phone, to snapshot into universe 2 you will have to use connection B as the input. For the output it doesn't matter, as you can select which universe should be output on which port.

The snapshot command will snapshot all input to the corresponding universes.

Current firmware version of the QuadCore is 1.35 if you use vManager version 1.4.54

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk