Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Mastering from Cuelux Pro does not kill the mastering on Cuecore1: Brainfart XXL  (Read 637 times)

December 11, 2023, 08:54:00 AM
Read 637 times

Mark van der Meulen

Hi All,
I'am pretty sure i do something extremly wrong however i cannot figure out what exactly

Setup: CueluxPro 1.6.16 on Windows 11 connected thru an unmanaged switch to a Cuecore1, on the same switch there is an accespoint to enable OSC triggers into the system
Goal: switch off the mastering from Cuelux Pro to enable Artnet out on both outputs

Result: when switching off the mastering in the universe tab of the patch, the state changes to off in the universe tab however the output of the Cuecore does not change: also the state of the Cuecore says "This device is mastered by external software"

When trying this with an empty showfile the changes are executed correctly so i'am worried that this file might be buggy however when looking in the XML file i do not see anything suspicious.

Any ideas?

December 11, 2023, 09:46:10 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
If i understand you request correctly, you want to be able to switch from a Cuelux pro mode control to a stand alone mode by desactivating the "mastering" of the CueCore in Cuelux pro?

But when you do i, even if the "mastering" is off, the Cuecore still appears as controlled by Cuelux Pro.
Am I right?

I tested it here, and the switch between Cuelux Pro and stand alone works fine.
Could you tell me the firmware version of your CueCore and send me your Cuelux pro showfile?
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 11, 2023, 09:55:15 AM
Reply #2

Mark van der Meulen

Hi Julien, Thanks for your very quick reaction
The CueCore1 is running version 1.91

If i understand you request correctly, you want to be able to switch from a Cuelux pro mode control to a stand alone mode by desactivating the "mastering" of the CueCore in Cuelux pro?

But when you do i, even if the "mastering" is off, the Cuecore still appears as controlled by Cuelux Pro.
Am I right?

Yes you are right on both questions:
on the subject of switching the mode: this seems to work correctly however the output of the Cuecore does not change and the state of the Cuecore hangs in the "controlled by external software" mode

December 11, 2023, 10:22:20 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Ok, so you have the same firmware Version than me and same Cuelux pro version.

I see 2 problems:
1- your action in Cuelux pro do not release the CueCore. My guess is that you made only one task, that is releasing only one universe over the 2. (See included screenshoot).
For me, using the exact same configuration it is working fine.

2-When you release the CueCore from cuelux pro the output doesn't change.
When your CueCore gos into "mastered" mode it stops all playbacks playing. SO when you comeback in "normal" mode nothing is playing, you need to tell to the CueCore what to do when he is 'released by master' by creating an action in an "system" action list in the show control tab of the web interface.

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 11, 2023, 01:54:48 PM
Reply #4

Mark van der Meulen

Hi Julien,
I have just send you two mails, one containing the showfile from Cuelux Pro and the second one with a backup from the Cuecore

In my action in Cuelux i definitly have made a change to both universes which have worked before; this actual setup is running at the moment at a venue in Rotterdam. What i did is just pulled backups from this system and rebuild the entire system at the office to program a few other things offline with the intention to do some testing and wen ready to upload the new files to te allready running system. The output of the Cuecore does "reset" because of the fact that the dmx input overrides the values of the output from Cuelux Pro when stopping the mastering from Cuelux Pro

December 11, 2023, 05:36:24 PM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I received your emails, I will have a look at it and see how we can help you.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk