Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Can't connect to V manager  (Read 2008 times)

July 24, 2020, 02:04:41 PM
Read 2008 times

Andreasthb

Hello!

I have a problem with my LPU-1. First I lost all my settings and when I try to load an old scene my main screen is still empty. Therefore i try to connect my device to V manager to try to update an restore my file. I can't connect to V manager as the device doesnt show up. I tried both on a pc and on a mac. What to do?

Kind regards,

Andreas

July 24, 2020, 02:21:50 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Andreas,

I'm very sorry you are experiencing issues with the LPU-1. Can you tell me about the network setup?
- Are you directly connected or via a switch?
- Is there a DHCP server in the network?
- What is the colour of the status LED on the LPU-1, and is it pulsing smoothly?

vManager is used to upgrade the firmware of the LPU-1. Backup/Restore of showfiles can be done via the Cuety app. The latest firmwares come with the latest version of vManager, so be sure to update first.

I can tell you a bit more about the status LED. If it is pulsing red, this means the device is in DHCP mode. It will need a DHCP server to receive an IP address. If the LED is pulsing white, it means it is in Static IP mode. This means it has been set to a static IP, which is needed when there is no DHCP server.

To switch between Static IP and DHCP you can shortly press the button on the LPU-1. You will see the LED change colour immediately.

If you want to reset the Static IP of the LPU-1 to the default IP address (192.168.1.10) you can press and hold the button for 5+ seconds. The status LED will flash briefly, indicating the IP has been reset. The showfile in the LPU-1 will not be affected by this, you are purely resetting the network setup.

Make sure your computer/tablet is in the same IP range as the LPU-1, but not the exact same IP. When using the default IP for the LPU-1, you can best set your computer at something like:
IP: 192.168.1.11
Subnet: 255.255.255.0

If you need any more help, just let me know.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk