Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Behringer BCF2000 motorized fader midi-console  (Read 22703 times)

October 13, 2005, 07:57:55 PM
Read 22703 times

Remy

Hello,

Is it possible to use the Behringer BCF2000 motorized fader midi-console with visual DMX. I haven't had a opportunity to try this unit out, but i know i can controll visualdmx with midi. http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/

The BCF uses motorized faders, and rotary knobs with feedback leds to display the value. I guess visualdmx would give midi-feedback to the panel for fader-positions and other information.

I'm just brainstorming about the possibility because some people are using it now with Martin Lightjockey. http://www.martin.dk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9329
I can see some nice features utulizing this desk...

October 14, 2005, 09:57:18 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Indeed, the BCF2000 is a very nice MIDI controller.

You can connect the BCF2000 to VisualDMX via MIDI with ease; allowing to trigger almost any function within the software. VisualDMX does not require any external software for this like your example on the Martin Lightjockey forum.

At this moment there are no means of realizing the feedback to the BCF2000 to make the motorized faders work. Reading through the Martin forum gave me the impression they did not use the feedback either.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 15, 2005, 01:44:52 PM
Reply #2

Remy

Quote from: "Remy"

I guess visualdmx would give midi-feedback to the panel for fader-positions and other information.

I see i made a little typo there. I meant: VisualDMX could give midi-information back to the panel. Actually, now i'm thinking about it.. The only occasion feedback from visualdmx would be handy is when a cue stops others. First i thought, it might be usefull if you change parameters in visualDMX self, so the faders respond to program input (but mostly those are live adjustments and do not directly apply to the complete cue).
This way it wouldn't be more than a funny gadget.

Maybe the panel itself remembers fader-settings while switching between pages. But thats all speculation till someone used the device.
If i'll get the chance i'll try one out (or order it sometime, it's pretty inexpensive).

October 17, 2005, 09:38:06 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Please let us know if when you had a chance to test the BCF with VisualDMX, I am keen to know about your experiences on this. Like I said, you should simple be able to connect the board via MIDI.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

April 10, 2009, 09:33:26 PM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
PS by now both Canvix & Cuelux have full (plug&play) support for the BCF-2000 including the motorfader feedback.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk