Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuelux, BCF2000, Questions...  (Read 8544 times)

May 07, 2009, 11:10:18 PM
Read 8544 times

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Hi Cuelux Team,
Today my Cuelux arrived. I just started testing the software. But some things are not realy easy to get to work without a manual.

Do i need a special Preset for the BCF2000? My Faders work and the endcoders too, but the Buttons don't work as i want.

How du i get the Buttons Strobe, Blinder and Fog to work? I don't find a preset to assign them to fixtures.

There are some visual errors with the atributes of the time in the cuelist. I use Windows XP with 1024 x 768 in fullscreen mode.

Greatings from Germany :-)

May 09, 2009, 12:31:32 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Erics,

I'm trying to extract the presets from our BCF-2000 so that I can send you that file. But the BC-edit program is bit awkward to say the least. Please give me a few days to find an alternative.

Regarding the visual errors, what version of Cuelux are you currently on? Any chance you could send/post a screendump?

Thanks!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 10, 2009, 06:02:29 PM
Reply #2

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
Thanks for your answer. You could try http://www.midiox.com/ to read out your SysEx Dump.

Config your Midi Interface Options\MidiDevices . Than you go to View\SysEx
Ther you could choose SysEx\Recieve Manual Dump...

Than you switch your BCF2000 in Global Setup Mode (Hold Edit and push the Store Button) After that you turn Push-Encoder 6 right and choose all. And than you press encoder 6. The BCF2000 starts sending the Presets.

After receiving the SysEx File in Midi-Ox you could Save the Data when you click right on the Datafield (Save As) in Midi-Ox.
Send me the File and i can tranfer it in my BCF2000.

The Behringer Software never worked on my PCs.
Thanks...

May 11, 2009, 04:03:57 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
I've attached the sysex file to this post.
It's a single preset dump and works best with Cuelux v0.26 or higher. This version now enables you to switch banks from your midi device.

Please let me know if this works okay for. In the future we will ship the file with the Cuelux install package.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 04:10:02 PM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 16, 2009, 06:27:40 PM
Reply #4

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
Thanks for the File. It worked without Problems. So you could use it for the next install Package.

May 27, 2009, 05:07:45 PM
Reply #5

johannes

Hey,

I've been looking for a light programm to run our school's light system.
I think with Cuelux I've found the right software...

But before buying it I've just one question:
Can I use two or three Behringer BCF 200 MIDI-Controller for Cuelux?
If that is possible, who do the controllers work together then?
Can I put the group faders on one controller, the cue faders on the other and so on?

Thanks for answering my Question ...

Greetings johannes

May 28, 2009, 08:58:01 PM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Johannes,

In theory it should be possible to connect multiple BCFs to Cuelux (using the MIDI input on the BCF). I have tried with two BCFs which  worked for controlling, but I could not get the motorfader feedback to work on both of them. Maybe I did something wrong here with the BCF's modes.

It is certainly possible to assign your groups to one fader bank and your cuelists to another, then they would be mapped to different BCFs.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 28, 2009, 09:04:04 PM
Reply #7

johannes

thank you very much ...
so I've got something to spend my next time on ;-)

greetings johannes

June 18, 2009, 09:26:51 PM
Reply #8

vnx

Hi,

Today I got my BCF-2000 unit and I have the same problems as Erics. I used the most recent cuelux version (Cuelux 0.31 build 2 Beta) on MacOSX 10.5.7 with no cuecable connected as i am still testing basic things before I buy the cable. The faders work perfectly but nothing else. Then I used SysEx Librarian to "upload" the behringer_bcf2000.syx settings but nothing really has changed, at least, i cannot find any difference. I am not sure if i did everything right, so my question is, if there is some kind of reference what buttons of the bcf2000 are mapped to what function in cuelux when using the bcf2000 mapping for some testing?

Thanks a lot,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

June 19, 2009, 01:31:11 AM
Reply #9

vnx

Hi,

A short update: I have found the buttons for changing cuelux presets, fog and tempo. My fault appears to be that I was on a different preset on the behringer, I had to switch to preset 1. However, all buttons were set to toggle, which i could change on the controller. Next problem is the flash buttons: if I press one of the flash buttons, the corresponding button on the behringer lights up. The other way round does not appear to work, meaning that pressing the flash button on the behringer does not result in a flash action. I suspect that somewhere i took the wrong road resulting in some severe misconfiguration as everything seems to work fine for Erics...

Best,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

June 19, 2009, 07:52:07 AM
Reply #10

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
In general Cuelux works with the factory default preset 1 of the BCF-2000. Unfortunately most buttons are - by default - set to toggle which doesn't make much sense for flash buttons etc. in Cuelux. So our sysex dump kind of only changes the buttons to flash mode rather than toggle.

So I would recommend trying to upload the sysex dump again. We have tested it on a couple of units in the office and it all seems to work.

I like your suggestion for an illustration showing the assigned function to the BCF controls, hopefully we can create this in the next few days.

good luck!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

August 06, 2009, 03:29:24 PM
Reply #11

Mitchel V

Dear Cuelux Team,

I've installed the BCF 2000 but i want to change a couple of things to the config.
I'm looking for the control numbers of the buttons from the top control bank.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Mitchel Vork

August 09, 2009, 02:01:31 PM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@ Mitchel

Please have a look at midimap of the Korg nanapad, this device is set up to control the playback buttons at the top. You can use it to copy/paste the right codes.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

September 14, 2009, 11:08:43 PM
Reply #13

Lufferov

I've downloaded the .syx file, but how do I transfer this the the BCF-2000?

October 27, 2009, 02:56:30 PM
Reply #14

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk