Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Will this work?  (Read 1853 times)

October 24, 2020, 11:45:29 PM
Read 1853 times

emrik

Hi guys i'm pretty new in the lightning scen, and we have a lpu in our intro to or floorball matches and i'm wondering if it's possible to connect one of these to controll some none dmx lights, ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Channel-Controller-Switch-Dimmer-Equipment/dp/B0111QP790 ), like a laser and to switch on off all the lights in the arena, we currently have a wireless solution and a lot of controllers for these functions ;)
it's a dmx controlled relay board? I think you set an dmx adress and then it will use that one and fithen more above it,
Kind regards Emrik

October 26, 2020, 12:30:50 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Emrik,

No way to be 100% sure without trying it. But if the specifications on the product page are right, it should work.
In Cuety you can then simply patch 16 dimmer fixtures. Or combine them into a single fixture, but this will cause unexpected behaviour when operating the intensity fader.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 27, 2020, 07:22:16 AM
Reply #2

emrik

Hey do you have any possible ideas for vat personality it could possibly be, ordering it tonight, also one thing with moving heads.
I tried toake them go to the center of our floorball field then every one goes directly to a corner,(4 moving heads in each corner)  but i cant get them to go stright out in the cornar the swerve around then end up in the corners? Any Ideas?
Kind regards Emrik

October 27, 2020, 12:32:56 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Emrik,

If you want them to react to faders or blackout, you will need to use intensity channels. This means you can patch 16 of the "Generic - Dimmer 1x" for the 16 relais.
Technically you could also use the colour channels... I would patch 4 of the "Generic - RGBW" then.

If you don't care about the fader or blackout, you can simply create a personality with all the traits in the programmer. But unless you are running out of available slots for fixtures, I do not recommend this.

Regarding your other questions, I don't really understand. Can you explain a bit more?

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 27, 2020, 12:39:53 PM
Reply #4

emrik

we are using the lpu to controll 4 moving heads in the celing of our arena( floorball ) then i want the moving heads to go to the center of the field, and spread out in seperate corners, but they don't go straight from the center to corners they don't move in a straight line, i don't know how to make them go from a to b without going pretty much everywhere :)

October 27, 2020, 03:44:15 PM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Emrik,

It could be the positioning of the moving heads that makes it difficult. How have you tried programming it so far? I'm curious what you mean with them going everywhere....
Best approach is to just make two cues for the two positions I think. Depending on how the fixtures are mounted, I would make sure that the pan value can stay the same between the two cues, and only the tilt moves in the transition between the two cues/positions.

Greetings,
Bootsy

November 03, 2020, 12:47:39 PM
Reply #6

emrik

Just an update i bought th relay board and patched it in as 12 diffrent fixtures as generic dimmer 01x i think and got everything to work great.

November 04, 2020, 10:10:44 AM
Reply #7

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Emrik,

That is great to hear!

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk