Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: ficture settings 10 channel dimmer pack  (Read 3246 times)

May 30, 2009, 07:53:01 PM
Read 3246 times

RonEnNieShow

Hi Cuelux Team

We just buyed a cuelux system and it's really great but we have got a question

when i wen't patching my dmx figures we run to 2 different things
1 if you type s h for showtec it will not go to showtec but to the h it would make it a little easyer if you can make it possible that than the brand bar will shoot trough to showtec in stad of the h brands

2 there is not even one 10 channel dimmer pack. is it possible to make a figure for a 10 channel dmx dimmer pack

and we had a strange error in some channels ( we used only one dimmer for testing ) we put the dimmers in a 100% stand on channel one and record it to fader one than we put the dimmer in a 100% stand on channel 2 and record it on fader 2 en so till 6 but than we noticed that if we did the fader of channel 2 an 6 down the dimmer channel in the visual goes also down but this did not happen by the other channels did i omething wrong because i handeld the programming in every channel precisly the same so what goes wrong is it the software or is it me??? i used built 0.28 beta on a windows xp in a full screen

June 02, 2009, 10:19:22 AM
Reply #1

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi,

when i wen't patching my dmx figures we run to 2 different things
1 if you type s h for showtec it will not go to showtec but to the h it would make it a little easyer if you can make it possible that than the brand bar will shoot trough to showtec in stad of the h brands
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll add it to the wishlist!

2 there is not even one 10 channel dimmer pack. is it possible to make a figure for a 10 channel dmx dimmer pack
That's because Cuelux supports fixtures with a max. of 8 sub-fixtures. Just add 2x 5-channel dimmer pack ;)

and we had a strange error in some channels ( we used only one dimmer for testing ) we put the dimmers in a 100% stand on channel one and record it to fader one than we put the dimmer in a 100% stand on channel 2 and record it on fader 2 en so till 6 but than we noticed that if we did the fader of channel 2 an 6 down the dimmer channel in the visual goes also down but this did not happen by the other channels did i omething wrong because i handeld the programming in every channel precisly the same so what goes wrong is it the software or is it me??? i used built 0.28 beta on a windows xp in a full screen
If I understand you correctly, you're trying to make a simple dimmerchannel one to dimmerchannel six chase?
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

June 03, 2009, 11:49:46 AM
Reply #2

RonEnNieShow

hi

Yes we want to use the fader to dim the channel on the dimmerpack ( for quik and easy on the fly blinding or someting like that ) and channel 2 and 6 will give also a visual on the screen( te symbol of the figure )  that the fader will stand in a 50% mode ( or less whatever the fader will stand ) but the other don't show this and will keep a visual in the figure of 100% even when the fader is in a 50% or something else

and about the 8 channel dimmer we use the 10 dimmer channel for a controlling a 10 channel dmx laser of laserworld ( we did this already so when we had martin lightjockey ) but if there is a 8 channel dimmerpack in the program it's also okey because 9 and 10 ara almost never used because this is scan speed and rescan so that is why we would like to have a 10 channel dimmer ( or a 8 if 10 is not possible)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk