Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: GPI  (Read 3677 times)

October 13, 2020, 10:39:45 AM
Read 3677 times

CLAUDIO.LEONI

GPI
Hi,
In the Cuecore2 the GPI is only a input? I want command a GPI 1 to Normaly open and then with a command on Kiosk give a contact close to GP1 is possible ?

Tanks

October 13, 2020, 01:35:33 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

You are correct, in the CueCore2 you only have GPI (General Purpose Input).

We have the IoCore2 that supports GPO (General Purpose Output), it has 8 relais that can be controlled from ShowControl. The IoCore2 can be used standalone, or as an extension to the CueCore2.

For more info, you can check the website here:
https://www.visualproductions.nl/category-architectural/iocore/

Can you tell me a bit more about your setup? Perhaps there is another solution.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 13, 2020, 02:23:55 PM
Reply #2

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Thanks for reply… My idea was to make like a switch for the light but i have also a other solution.
One question more…
I programming on the kiosk a fader for my light and at finish also a button with
 command "clear all dmx" witch command i use for "release a feader to 0?( for not see the last %)
Thanks 

October 13, 2020, 04:07:40 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Glad you have another solution.

I am not 100% certain what you mean with that last question, do you want to reset the fader to 0?

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 13, 2020, 04:29:14 PM
Reply #4

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Yes but not the fader in the cuecore 2 but the virtual fader on Kiosk touch

October 13, 2020, 04:57:57 PM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

If I understand correctly, you can simply send an OSC message (with the "float" type) with the value 0.00 to Kiosc. Make sure to use the same tag as the fader, and setup the OSC target on the settings page of the CueCore2.

If you need more help, just let me know! Best is to include a backup of your CueCore2 and a copy of your Kiosc showfile in that case.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 14, 2020, 01:41:27 PM
Reply #6

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Hi, I try with this command but don't work... in Kiosk touch ( v1.8.19) i use the port osc 8001 and target is 192.168.1.2:800 ( my cuecore2) and in the cuecore2 osc port 8000 and IP destination 192.168.1.3:8001 ( my kiosk)
and in the nshow control in the osc action i write Send float param 1     /1 and parameter 2 is 0.00 but don't work and i see also in the monitor.....

October 14, 2020, 05:28:39 PM
Reply #7

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I'm afraid I can not see much in the picture, the quality is too low.

Can you send me a backup of the CueCore2 and a copy of the Kiosc showfile? You can include it here, or send it to support at visualproductions.nl

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 15, 2020, 09:27:28 AM
Reply #8

CLAUDIO.LEONI

I send you a file to e-mail

October 15, 2020, 12:01:44 PM
Reply #9

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I've received the showfile and backup, most of it is setup correctly.

The reason why it is not working, is that an OSC tag should always start with a slash (/) .

So in Editor, if I change the OSC tag from "1" to "/1", and I send an OSC message containing a float of 0.00 to the OSC tag "/1", the fader is set to 0%.

Also I noticed the "Forward" option is set for OSC in the CueCore2 settings page. I believe this is not necessary in your setup, and might cause issues. This will forward every message send to the CueCore2 back to the KioscTouch (more exactly, to every OSC target set on the settings page)

I will reply to your email with a few screenshots of what I changed to get it working.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 15, 2020, 03:46:32 PM
Reply #10

CLAUDIO.LEONI

Hi, yes I see now the error... my mestache was in the monitor beceause in the input monitor you see the command arrive correcly..... with a Slash...

Tanks very much for help......
I finish the programming now and next week I install ....

October 15, 2020, 04:23:15 PM
Reply #11

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Alright!

Yeah I believe the CueCore2 automatically converts the OSC message to something that is valid in this case, so adding a slash.

Kiosc does not (yet)

I'm glad it works for you now, if you need any more help, feel free to ask.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk