Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: LASERWORLD RGB 230 PERSONALITY CUETY  (Read 1883 times)

January 04, 2021, 08:16:34 PM
Read 1883 times

meesvanoosterhout

CANT GET MY LASER WORLD RGB 230 TO WORK I CAN FIND THE PERSONALITY BUT IT DONT SEEMS TO WORK I LOOKED IN TO THE BUILDER (I,M NOT AN EXPERT IN THIS) BUT  CAND FINT ANYTHING WRONG CAN ANYBODY HELP MEE ? USING A CUETY LPU  1 BTW  ;)

January 05, 2021, 03:03:30 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Can you give me the complete name of your laser? I cannot find any RGB230 fixture in the laserworld folder...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 05, 2021, 05:09:09 PM
Reply #2

meesvanoosterhout

its the laserworld el-230rgb   :)

January 06, 2021, 02:58:11 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
ok, now I see...
I think the problem is coming from the fact that firstly dmx is not really a good way to control lasers. Secondly, cuety is a simple dmx controller with a limited number of parameters.
So at the end the parameters you need to control the laser are not available in cuety. In your case i think the first issue is the 1 channel of the dmx chart that you cannot access from cuety.
I cannot create custom fixture files but you can use the VBuilder software to create your own fixture file that would allow you to use this laser with cuety, Putting the 1 chanel to a custom fader may be a first solution, knowing that as cuety can only manage 2 custom parameters you will need to have only 2 "customs"  in vbuilder or the first one will be over written.
I hope this will help you,
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 06, 2021, 06:45:17 PM
Reply #4

meesvanoosterhout

oo okay thank you for your reply is wat way of controlling laser do you reccomend ?

January 07, 2021, 06:07:04 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
The standard way to control lasers is ILDA that allows you to create any figure you want. Dmx only allows you to playback so pre-recorded figures.. It can be enough for some cases, but you need a more powerful dmx software than cuety that is entry market product with a limited number of parameters. With cuelux it would be ok.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 07, 2021, 08:16:24 PM
Reply #6

meesvanoosterhout

mmm i,m making a drive in show just for fun so my only wish is to turn the laser of and change the color in with my cuety then its not worth it to invest more money :) i was hoping to make a personality where i can do this

January 08, 2021, 02:35:04 AM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I totally understand, in this case you can use cuety for sure. you just need to create your own fixture where you put each laser parameter on any available cuety fader without noticing if the parameter name fits. This way you will be able to access all your laser's parameters and so fully control it. But you will be the only one knowing how to control it as the labels will not fit...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk