Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Merge of dmx input on a quadcore  (Read 1970 times)

January 29, 2021, 11:29:30 PM
Read 1970 times

bart sliggers

Hi there,

I would like to HTP merge a DMX input of the quadcore into an another output that is controlled by cuelux pro.
Can you bring me up to speed ?

I want the rgbw pixel data 256 channels  from another software to control the pixel movingheads that ar controlled by cuelux pro.

Thanks !

February 02, 2021, 09:30:14 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I'm afraid CueluxPro does not support whole universe merging. It does have per-channel merging (Memories tab, add DMX input or ArtNet) but I'm afraid it will not run smoothly when adding 256 channels.

When using the QuadCore standalone, it does support universe-merging. So depending on your needs, you could use CueluxPro to setup the QuadCore for standalone, and merge the other software with it there.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 03, 2021, 04:56:17 PM
Reply #2

bart sliggers

I have plenty quad cores ;-)

How do I set one up as a stand-alone dmx merger? 2 dmx in 1 dmx out.

February 03, 2021, 05:44:35 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Well that gives you a lot more options!

You will need one QuadCore that will be mastered by CueluxPro, and one that will do the merge.

You can choose between wired DMX, ArtNet and sACN, the QuadCore can send/receive 4 universes of each. In case of wired DMX, every DMX connection on the QuadCore can only be used once, but for ArtNet and sACN it can send and receive 4 universes at the same time.

You will need to setup a bit on the "merge-QuadCore". First on the settings page, make sure you can receive all the universes you need. Either by setting the required DMX connections to "Input" or by setting the needed ArtNet or sACN input universes.

If that is setup, you should see that you are receiving DMX, ArtNet and/or sACN in the status bar at the bottom of the webinterface and on the homepage of the QuadCore.

Now you can setup the merge. This is done on the ShowControl page. I would recommend trying adding the templates first: Receive DMX, Receive ArtNet and Receive sACN.
These can serve as an example and/or quick start to what you need. For each protocol there is now an ActionList, and each will have 4 actions for the 4 universes. You can now simply change which universe merges on which output by changing these actions.

A small note, all output universes are always mirrored between DMX, ArtNet and sACN. They are all via the DMX - Control Universe task.

Good luck!

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk