Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Blinder on Akai MPD218  (Read 2058 times)

February 17, 2021, 11:43:25 AM
Read 2058 times

ianbar

Hi,
I am currently using an Akai MPD218 to control my CueLux. I have created my own midi map for this. Everything works correctly, however I can't get my second blinder to work through the Akai. I have 2 sets of blinders, 1 set is controlled through the global blinder group and the other through a playback button. The global blinder group works fine, but other one goes on and stays on, instead of only staying on when pressed down.
Code: [Select]
<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel X - Message 9 - Index 36</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Playback Direct Button 07" feature="ButtonSecundair" function ="Control"/>
                    </tasks>
                </action>
This is the code I'm using. I would like to have the blinder on my playback button act like a blinder instead of turning on and staying on after being pressed.
I hope anyone can help me on this topic.

February 18, 2021, 10:19:06 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I think the easiest would be to put it on a fader-playback, this way you can enable "fader start" and control it with "Playback Direct Fader <1 through 64>" and "LevelPrimair". I believe this does not work for playback buttons as they always have the intensity at 100%.

Another way could be to change. the midimap to use "Down" and "Up" to go+(ButtonSecundair) or release(ButtonQuadruple) the playback, instead of the "Control" that you are using right now. But I haven't tested this, and I am not 100% sure Cuelux supports the "Down" and "Up"

It would be something like this:

Code: [Select]
<action>
    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Down">Channel X - Message 9 - Index 36</trigger>
    <tasks>
        <task type="Playback Direct Button 07" feature="ButtonSecundair" function ="Control"/>
    </tasks>
 </action>

<action>
    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Up">Channel X - Message 9 - Index 36</trigger>
    <tasks>
        <task type="Playback Direct Button 07" feature="ButtonQuadruple" function ="Control"/>
    </tasks>
 </action>

I'm afraid I did not have time to test this, and also it depends on what your Akai sends for midi messages. But I give it a good chance of working :)

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 18, 2021, 04:43:52 PM
Reply #2

ianbar

HI Bootsy,

Putting it on a fader-playback worked using "ButtonPrimair".
Thanks for your help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk