Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: after working wiht it for 1 day ( in real time )  (Read 8612 times)

June 11, 2009, 11:58:21 PM
Read 8612 times

RonEnNieShow

hey cuelux team,

after i had worked with your program today i discoverd some things i would like to see to be changed
1. the gobo's of the q-max 250 spot will not be shown there are only white cirkels with a red cross in it
2. if i select a group with a fader or with one of the ten buttons on top of te screen i must deselect them with the same button i cant just deselect the only one i whould like.
3. the jb-system winner dosn't work correctly on cuelux every thing works but the only problem is that it would go on strobo even when you would don't like it
4. the strobo and smog machine should automaticly be set to the direct push buttons ( smoke and strobo ) but this does not work i first have to put theme manual in this group before the smoke and strobo button does work ( no idee of the blinder don''t have them )
5. if i want to choose a color on a wash i first have to put rgb faders to full on or else the coller wil not be shown
6 the movitech spot's i have got new ficture thingy settings for work better but now my prisma and prisma rotating does not work anymore

i think that this are te most problems i have run in to but tomorow is another day so maybe i will have some new things for you

by the way i used cuelux 29 with anhounced fixtures for the movitec sl250 movinghead on a windows xp professional

June 12, 2009, 10:13:33 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi,

1. Yes, this is a bug. It's already fixed and the fix will appear in version 0.30
2. I'm sorry, I don't understand your question
3. Fixed! It was a bug in the personality file.
4. Fixed! It was a bug.
5. Yes you're correct here, it's just how most washlights work. Not much we can do about it.
6. I have tested the Movitech SL250 and I can't see anything wrong with it. The prism and its rotation seem to work fine. Please test it again once you have v0.30. You can also check what Cuelux sends out by looking at the 'dmx monitor' in the options.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 12, 2009, 03:54:52 PM
Reply #2

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi!

I also have Cuelux :)

But there are some bugs (I think ::)):
- I can't control the B.O.
- I cant find the settings for the joystick option
- RonEnNieShow posted the other things already ;)

When will v0.30 show up??

Thanx :)

June 13, 2009, 02:39:46 AM
Reply #3

RonEnNieShow

the question about the buttons is

i have set 4 moving heads in one group ( groupe movinghead 1 ) and i have set 4 moving heads in another group ( groupe movinghead 2 ) en set this groups to button 1 and 2 ( i can select and deselect it with the f1 and f2 key on my keyboard ) when i select with f1 movinghead group 1 ( with i have pached thinge something the button is bleu ) and i dont want to select only one of the for moving heads i can't simply deselect that simple by clicking on that movinghead i first have to deselect them all

June 13, 2009, 03:04:28 AM
Reply #4

RonEnNieShow

Hi cuelux team

nice to here that you guys are working on it but here if have got some problems more for you to work on.
1. mostly of the time quelux does not remember correctly the groups i have made if i put 4 movingheads in just one group and restart the computer or the program suddenly there is only one in this same group 
2. if i put a group on a fader the entery fader does not remember my group anymore on it when i have restart the computer or the software and other groups were still there and did some times not reply  to the fader
3. the smoge machine and the strobo don't always listen to the quick push buttons near the figtures and some thimes the work perfectly
4. i can't put my smoge machine on a fader that the fader controls my output ( now i made it possible bij patching it to a dimmer in stad of patching it on a smog machine )
5. if i have 18 movingheads and let theme do some different thinges on the same time the pcu shoot out the roof to 100% and stay's there and cuelux will respont verry verry slow to my commands we have tested this with several pc's and it does not matter or get much better even my dimmer pack of 4 goes verry verry slowly on and of and if the moving heads will be clear't it will go as fast as i want with no problems
6. i have a behringer bcf 2000 controller and that is quit nice but if i want to switch from bank 1 to bank 2 i have to push 2 the same button in stad of only once
7.above every fader of the bcf 2000 controller there are 2 push buttons is it possible to make one flash and the other an hold or one forward in que and the other backwards ( like martin fingers and some other lightning consoles ) and can you sing a function to te rotary buttons above the faders or make it possible to assign theme by ower selfs so i can say  control the coller menu with it or the strobe menu or gobo if we can asing the rotary button to a menu of ower choice we can make cuelux verry personal and just a little more easy to handle
8.if i close quelux when it is running in the 100%cpu stand ( maximum load of cues and so ) it gives a runtime error
9. there are 8 custom faders in cuelux when i select like say a moving head ( sort like menu of collor beam gobo ) but what can i do with it and how and what can i program to it
10. i cant save my show on a usb stick or something so i can export it to another pc everythime i want to use another different pc i need to repache and remake all of my shows

furter more there are also some great points for you

+quelux is quit easy to handle
+with only one look at the screen i know the most important things
+ the sl250 spot problem is solved quid nice and quik thangs for this
+its verrry verry nice to have a affordable midi controller that works just great with quelux and i dont have to buy a verry expensive controller

thanks for hearing so quickly of you guys again

ps i had 8 movitec sl250
6 robe 250 colorspot at ( to 3 figure every dmx adres has been set to 2 spots )
2qmax 250 wash
2qmax 250 spot
1 geni mega strobe 1800 mk2
3 jb-system winner
1  4 channel dimmer pack
1 8 channel dimmer pack ( to control ower laser )

and we were using quelux 0.29 on a windows xp pc in the xga setup

June 13, 2009, 11:44:19 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@ djarewe

hi,
welcome on board!

- The blackout seems to be working properly. Can you explain what you cannot control?
- The joystick doesn't have an option ;) just make sure it's connected when you startup Cuelux and then the LED will be on. You can use the joystick control the pan/tilt.
- v0.30.1 is just online!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 13, 2009, 11:49:12 AM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@ RonEnNieShow

I now understand your issue with the deselecting of a single group member. I'll look into it and i'll try make it possible.

I'll come back to you on your other points (good feedback though!). I'll try to reproduce them first...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:40:03 PM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 14, 2009, 03:08:31 AM
Reply #7

RonEnNieShow

hi cuelux

thank's for solving at least some of the problems it's nice to notice that some one is at least working on these problems ( and i also understand that it is not possible to make a perfect program in just one time )

i found also some interresting nice things on your program
like when i point my mouse arrow on a place i can sellect some thing ( color or beam ) i simply can scrol allong the option ( higher or lower ) without having to select it first this is really great becouse now the beam does not get for example get red first before i can scrol toe the for axample bleu i want great  ;D

an other nice thing is that when i completle stop a que ( the go button is red ) it automaticly stops the total movement of the movinghead so it does not buzzing around with no beam but it hangs nicely to the home position  ;D

but ( i know i know everytime i make a post i have some bugs found ) there are still some bugs just like the jb-system winner the rover got the same problem with the sutter and you where right about the movitec that problem is solved the only thing there is is that the prisma is in the begin case automaticly in on position in stad of off ( this is also with the q-max spots )

an other thing is that when i select 8 moving heads and go to position it will not always automaticly set all the movingheads to another possition by moving it with my mouse somethimes only one will move and when i press the home butten and try again there seems to be no problem

then the last for this evening / day

when i have made a que and delete the que and than go to play and wand toe delete de button ( leegmaken ) it sometimes closed quelux automaticly

if you have some questions or need more feedback just let me know
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:15:23 AM by RonEnNieShow »

June 14, 2009, 11:36:31 PM
Reply #8

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
@ djarewe

hi,
welcome on board!

- The blackout seems to be working properly. Can you explain what you cannot control?
- The joystick doesn't have an option ;) just make sure it's connected when you startup Cuelux and then the LED will be on. You can use the joystick control the pan/tilt.
- v0.30.1 is just online!

B.O. problem:
Simple, when I press the B.O.-button, it doesn't blackout :P Or does it only work if you work with cue's?

Joystick:
Do I have to use a specific joystick? I've bought a TRUST GM-2500 joystick. It doesn't effect the pan/tilt..

V0.30:
Nice :) Now I have v0.29.. Going to update NOW :D

June 15, 2009, 02:02:41 AM
Reply #9

RonEnNieShow

hey,

ouwer weekend is over and so here are the last things i want to see for now

we really like quelux it is so much easier in use than martin light jockey and with the behringer bcf 2000 will make it only easier.
it's also nice that the buttons above the faders of the bcf 2000 have a function 1 is a sort of flash butten so you can quick set a effect on and off again and the other button is to totally stop a que ( the only verry irritating thing about this button is that you always have to push it twice before reacting  this also goes for the tempo button on the bcf 2000 you have to push it two times as fast as the music is to make it patch to the music ) and an other button you can twist for the speed of the pan / tilt of a scan or moving head this is so great because now i can quickly make a movinghead turn slowly when we have a slow nummer en quick movments when there is a faster song ;D

the only one thing that need to be fixed is the problem that quelux will shoot out the roof in pcu when you make much handlings because quelux will get slow then and that is verry verry verry irritating and when we used martin lightjockey before even when the same lights hang on a 256 mb / 1,2 ghz pc the problem diddend apear and we did have this weekend a 2048 mb / 1,7 ghz pc  so it would be really nice if you can fix the problem of the pcu use when you make a bigger show than 4 par lamps going on and of

and furter more we did not find any other bugs this weekend but if you wand some more info or have questions about the condissions we used quelux just let us know

keep up the great work  ;)

June 15, 2009, 09:27:15 AM
Reply #10

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@ djarewe

Have you tried the blackout on actual lights? It really should work. However, it doesn't change the dimmer or shutter levels in Cuelux main screen to enable blind programming.

Any USB joystick will do. Please have a try on v0.30; it contains a bugfix regarding the joysticks.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 15, 2009, 11:48:22 AM
Reply #11

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@RonEnNieShow

1. mostly of the time quelux does not remember correctly the groups i have made if i put 4 movingheads in just one group and restart the computer or the program suddenly there is only one in this same group  
2. if i put a group on a fader the entery fader does not remember my group anymore on it when i have restart the computer or the software and other groups were still there and did some times not reply  to the fader
8.if i close quelux when it is running in the 100%cpu stand ( maximum load of cues and so ) it gives a runtime error
I haven't been able to reproduce this yet.

3. the smoge machine and the strobo don't always listen to the quick push buttons near the figtures and some thimes the work perfectly
Yes, this was a bug. It's fixed in v0.30

4. i can't put my smoge machine on a fader that the fader controls my output ( now i made it possible bij patching it to a dimmer in stad
You could program a cuelist with one cue (your smoke generators on full fog) and assign this cuelist to a playback. Just keep the cuelist running and control the output with the fader.

5. if i have 18 movingheads and let theme do some different thinges on the same time the pcu shoot out the roof to 100% and stay's there and cuelux will respont verry verry slow to my commands we have tested this with several pc's and it does not matter or get much better even my dimmer pack of 4 goes verry verry slowly on and of and if the moving heads will be clear't it will go as fast as i want with no problems
My guess is that the painting of attribute values in the main screen consumes to much CPU. I will look into it.

7.above every fader of the bcf 2000 controller there are 2 push buttons is it possible to make one flash and the other an hold or one forward in que and the other backwards ( like martin fingers and some other lightning consoles ) and can you sing a function to te rotary buttons above the faders or make it possible to assign theme by ower selfs so i can say  control the coller menu with it or the strobe menu or gobo if we can asing the rotary button to a menu of ower choice we can make cuelux verry personal and just a little more easy to handle
Unfortunately, there is no easy way of customizing the midimapping in Cuelux. This is the trade-of for keeping things simple. At the moment the two buttons on the BCF are assigned as flash-button and as go/release-button, just like the buttons in the Cuelux on-screen user interface. The rotary button is assigned to the Cuelist-speed, and if you select encoder group 2 you'll find the encoder controlling the Cuelist-phase.

9. there are 8 custom faders in cuelux when i select like say a moving head ( sort like menu of collor beam gobo ) but what can i do with it and how and what can i program to it
Some DMX controlled fixtures feature functions outside the scope of typical intelligent light attributes. For example, lasers have several functions that do not make sense to assign to the pan/tilt/gobo/colour controls etc. These 'weird' functions will be assigned to the custom faders.

10. i cant save my show on a usb stick or something so i can export it to another pc everythime i want to use another different pc i need to repache and remake all of my shows
I realise the disk menu currently only allows you to browse through your main harddisk. We'll expand this asap. In the mean time you can find the Cuelux show files in your 'My Documents' folder (eg. "My Documents/Visual Productions/Cuelux" in windows xp or "/Users/username/Visual Productions/Cuelux" in mac os)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:52:14 AM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 15, 2009, 03:50:39 PM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@RonEnNieShow
I now understand your issue with the deselecting of a single group member. I'll look into it and i'll try make it possible.
Done 8) This new method of deselecting will be in effect from v0.31.

but ( i know i know everytime i make a post i have some bugs found ) there are still some bugs just like the jb-system winner the rover got the same problem with the sutter and you where right about the movitec that problem is solved the only thing there is is that the prisma is in the begin case automaticly in on position in stad of off ( this is also with the q-max spots )
The JB Systems Rover should have been fixed at the same time we did the Winner II. The prism issue was indeed a bug and has been fixed. Please let me know if you still encounter any of this in v0.30 or later

it's also nice that the buttons above the faders of the bcf 2000 have a function 1 is a sort of flash butten so you can quick set a effect on and off again and the other button is to totally stop a que ( the only verry irritating thing about this button is that you always have to push it twice before reacting  this also goes for the tempo button on the bcf 2000 you have to push it two times as fast as the music is to make it patch to the music )
This is the behaviour of the BCF-2000 when used with its default preset. We have supplied a custom BCF-2000 preset in which you don't need to push buttons twice anymore. You you can upload this file to the Behringer unit. Please have a read at http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=670.0 for more details.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:52:17 PM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 16, 2009, 05:11:44 PM
Reply #13

RonEnNieShow

hi cuelux team,

nice to hear that already so much have bin meed better great :D:D

and yes it would be verry nice if tyou can make cuelux a little faster so it wont go almost direct to the 100% cpu if you do some more things togheter

we now have only one thing left we have not tell you about

if you set some ceu's for say moving heads in cue bank 1 ( fader 1 ) and than make some cue point's for the same movingheads in ceu bank 2 ( fader 2 ) becaus in fader one 1 want some movement in different color's and in bank 2 almost the same but with a strobe  we can go from fader 1 to fader 2 and the movingheads wil go strob but if we want back and pres the go button on fader one nothing happans and the movingheads will keep on strobe ing is it possible that cuelux just switch between fader and only gif the commands treu of the last select fader/ceu because that way we can quickly switch between compleetly different programs for the same movingheads

furter more keep up the great work it's nice to have every time we download an update a even better working program

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk