Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Access to Cuety Remote for Win10 without Microsoft Store  (Read 1708 times)

March 22, 2021, 08:34:57 AM
Read 1708 times

AlexSchranz

Hi there,

we´re using Cuety LPU2 units for the camera lighting in the two main studios. Nothing fancy, just a few LED lights.
At the moment we are running the Cuety Programmer on a Win10 PC, but some "technically interested" users of the system are overwriting the presets when playing around.

I would love to provide the "Cuety Remote" to our users to prevent this happening, but i don´t have access to the microsoft store due to company restrictions.

Is there a way to get the software as a direct download installer?

Thank you, all the best, Alex

March 22, 2021, 09:30:35 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Alex,

I see Cuety Remote is still available from our FTP:
ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl/releases/public/

I hope that one works for you.

Greetings,
Bootsy

March 22, 2021, 10:28:46 AM
Reply #2

AlexSchranz

Hi Bootsy,

it looks like it has already been removed from your ftp-Server or maybe i´m missing credentials to get access?
May i please ask you to check back with your developers if there´s a chance to get it in any other way than the MS store?
Or maybe you can just put it in a sharing service like WeTransfer?
It would make my life a lot easier if i could use the remote...

Thank you, Alex

March 22, 2021, 10:49:05 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Alex,

The FTP server has the executable version of remote on it.
what happens when you try to connect? Which browser are you using? I discovered Chrome disabled FTP by default recently, you can enable it again by going to chrome://flags and search for FTP.

If it asks for credentials, try the "connect anonymous" option or try username "guest" with no password. A small headsup, the FTP server might be a bit slow,

If we can't get it to work we can use wetransfer of course, but I prefer the FTP way because it is a more permanent solution. It also gives you access to all previous versions, release notes, sometimes beta versions, etc.

Greetings,
Bootsy

March 22, 2021, 10:56:18 AM
Reply #4

AlexSchranz

Hi Bootsy,

thanks for the headsup, indeed i was using firefox which should support ftp transfers.

I now tried with a ftp client and was able to download the remote app.

Thanks a hundred times! Alex

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk