Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Simple Timecore Windows or Tablet interface  (Read 2635 times)

April 23, 2021, 06:45:02 PM
Read 2635 times

scottbritt

Recently purchased a TIMECORE in hopes to use it as master SMPTE clock for multiple systems in a show.  I am aware of your Kiosk customization, but I am simply looking for the ability to use an interface to be able to set times and go to them and start/pause the TIMECORE.  Do any of your other programs have these abilities built in??

I didn't even really see in the WEB control the ability to type a SMPTE time and jump to it using the TIMECORE.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Scott Britt

April 26, 2021, 09:30:27 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Scott,

You can set the time on the ShowControl page, or via any software that sends custom TCP/UDP/OSC/HTTP commands.

To set it from ShowControl, you can add any source on ShowControl using the webinterface. For example, you can add the "Userlist 1", add an action to it and edit that. Now you can use the task "Timecode - Time - Set" to set the value.  When you press "Execute" on the action (or task) you set the time.

If you want to use the buttons to set the specific times, you can add the "Buttons" source in ShowControl. Actions in that list have some options on the left to setup how it responds on a button press. (Short press, long press, etc.)

If you need any more help, just let me know.

Greetings,
Bootsy

April 30, 2021, 08:53:36 PM
Reply #2

scottbritt

Thank you for your reply...

So does your KIOSK software allow the entry and sending of custom time for locate functions to be sent to TIMECORE if setup properly?  or would I have to do this with some other software?

I am familiar with the MIF-4 that comes with a simple interface that does the following: see attached pic

May 03, 2021, 11:11:59 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Using Kiosc you can create your own interface for the TimeCore.

You can create buttons that:
-Set a specific time (presets)
-Set different options
-Increase/decrease time
-Play/Pause/Start/Stop etc.

Also you can create a textfield where you can type a time to set, and a label field that will display running timecode (This currently does not show frames though, only seconds)

See attached images.

If you want any of these showfiles together with a TimeCore backup file, just let me know.

Greetings,
Bootsy

July 16, 2021, 09:55:39 PM
Reply #4

scottbritt

Thank you I would love to have the files!   I believe my email is in my profile??

Thanks
Scott

October 04, 2021, 01:57:38 AM
Reply #5

scottbritt

I know someone sent these files but I cannot find the email...Could you please send these again!!
Thanks so much!

November 19, 2021, 10:21:42 AM
Reply #6

Andy ESL

Hi Bootsy,

I too would like copies of these setups, perhaps you could post the files in the thread?

cheers

Andy

November 19, 2021, 01:44:16 PM
Reply #7

Ncreations

Hi Bootsy,

is it also possible to have incoming timecode and let the timecore count down? With a adjustable time that goes back in time?

Thnx

Niels

December 09, 2021, 03:28:59 PM
Reply #8

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

@Andy:
I would have to check the files before putting them online I think. They haven't been maintained for a while.

@Niels:
I'm afraid it is not possible with timecode. You can start a timer though, and use that to transmit over OSC or UDP to display as a string/label in Kiosc. But it cannot be synchronised to timecode I am afraid.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk