Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Bug in Cuelux on Windows  (Read 136 times)

June 14, 2021, 04:11:20 AM
Read 136 times

Adam

• Warrandyte community theatre
I've been using Cuelux for a few years now almost exclusively for theatre lighting control and there are a couple of bugs that are well, bugging me.

Cuelux 1.4.54 running on Windows 10 build 2004 with a non-touchscreen PC using mouse and keyboard input.

1. When trying to rename a cue most of the time after I start typing the name a brief error appears in the bottom left of the window "invalid label".  It usually takes several attempts before I am allowed to type a name that sticks.

2. When using the mouse to adjust the beam of a fixture, often the beam intensity jumps to 100%.  This has something to do with the way I am moving my mouse but so far I've been unable to reliably reproduce this fault.

June 14, 2021, 08:02:35 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Adam,

Great to hear you are using Cuelux. Have you seen the recent update to Cuelux, version  1.5.4?
It is available on the downloads page, please make sure to backup the "Visual Productions" folder in your documents before upgrading the software.
The rename bug has been fixed in that, I agree it was very annoying. Also the text-field has had some  overall improvement, as you can now move the cursor using the arrow keys on the keyboard. (and hold shift to select text)

The second issue you mentioned I have not heard of before. Could you try it in the new version, and let me know if it still happens?
If it does, any info on how to reproduce it will help solving it.

Greetings,
Bootsy

June 15, 2021, 12:33:42 AM
Reply #2

Adam

• Warrandyte community theatre
Thanks Bootsy,

I hadn't realised there was an upgrade available, I must have missed that announcement, I'll upgrade now.

As for the second problem, I'll try my best to find a way to reliably replicate it.  It's one of those funny things that only happens occasionally and usually when I am not concentrating!

June 15, 2021, 09:45:36 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Great!

Let me know what you think.

If you can reproduce the issue in the new firmware, I can add it to the buglist with a description on how to reproduce.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk