Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Indicator colour in KioscTouch  (Read 194 times)

June 21, 2021, 08:05:55 PM
Read 194 times

Miky

Hi, I need to set more different colour change of Indicator, Actually there is is only small difference in intensity, not too significant. How I can set the different colour of active indicator?

Thanks. M.

June 22, 2021, 09:32:39 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Page 51 and 51 of the (English) Kiosc manual explains all the feedback options for the Indicator.

In short, it can be toggled on and off using a bool. This will visually make it brighter or less bright, much like a LED light.
By sending a colour via either an OSC colour message or hex colour via UDP (my_indicator=#FF00FF) you can change the colour.

Greetings,
Bootsy

June 22, 2021, 10:52:08 AM
Reply #2

Miky

I saw it there, but Im not clear what exact string I should put into tag line. It should show the state of pb01 on LPU. Please send me an example. Actually I type /pb01/ac.

Thanks. Michal.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 11:06:27 AM by Miky »

June 22, 2021, 12:17:56 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Michal,

Are you using LPU-1 or LPU-2? Only the LPU-2 has support for network control and feedback. It also has a webinterface, including a monitor page. You can see any commands that are send and received there.

For OSC the /pb01/ac should work, as long as all the network settings are setup correctly. (check the incoming port on Kiosc)
After saving the showfile to Kiosc, make sure that you are not running KioscEditor when testing feedback, especially not on the same machine as Kiosc. Close everything, then open Kiosc. Then make sure you send an API command to the LPU using Kiosc. (You can send the "hello" command) so the LPU knows where to send the feedback. Now start a playback that was previously not active, and the indicator should light up. (As previously mentioned, look at the monitor page of the LPU-2 to see if and what it sends)

For UDP, it is pretty much the same. Do note that the commands are a bit different though, it would be "pb01/ac" instead of "/pb01/ac"

Greetings,
Bootsy

June 23, 2021, 08:22:27 AM
Reply #4

Miky

All you describe is working me fine. But my question is, how to change the light up colour. Default colour (brightness) change is not enought noticeable. I mean like this: - no playback indicator is grey colour, active playback turn indicator to red colour.

M.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 08:25:17 AM by Miky »

June 24, 2021, 10:48:04 AM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Miky,
Unfortunately that is not part of the LPU-2 API. I can add it to the wishlist though.

If the change in brightness is not big enough, I recommend using a button element instead of an indicator. Give it a try, the difference is much more visible.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk