Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Indicator colour in KioscTouch  (Read 5040 times)

February 20, 2023, 04:39:35 PM
Reply #15

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
In your Bstation you need to store the status of which playback had been requested using a variable.

For example you can choose to use the variable 1, if you press the button 1 of the Bstation to start the playback 1 of the LPU then you set the variable 1 to 1. If you press button 2, then variable 1 goes to 2. (when everything is off, variable goes to 0)

Create a variable actionlist, and create an action for each value of the variable.
One action will be, when variable 1=1 then send an OSC message that will update the status of the corresponding button in kiosc touch.
Do the same for when variable 1= 2 to 6.

Last step is to create an OSC action triggered when the tag of the first page is received. In this action create a variable task and select refresh variable 1.
The refresh will make the Bstation send again the messages corresponding at the variable value.

To make it even better, the best would be to send the message to the LPU when the button of the bstation is pressed, set the variable depending on the feedback message received by the LPU. This way you are sure that the connection is working, and then send the OSC feedback message from the Bstation using the variable value to the Kiosc Touch.

I hope this is clear enough!
Good luck :)

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 20, 2023, 11:54:04 PM
Reply #16

Miky

OK, theoretically I understand, practically I have to think, learn and try. :) Its a bit difficult because of system is running as real traffic (24/7) and moreover, its 450 Km far from me and only remote access via vpn is actually possible.. :)

Thank you. M.

February 21, 2023, 05:05:40 PM
Reply #17

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Yes I understand that it imply you to redo the whole programming and doing it remotely is not the best thing!
Good luck with that!
 :)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 07, 2023, 01:09:21 AM
Reply #18

Miky

Hello Julienne,

regarding the kioscĀ“s touch indicators, we notice a strange behaviour.  I'll ignore your advice about "variable" for now, I don't know if it would help in this case..
The entire system include kiosc touch is in continuous operation 24/7. Even It happens, that the kiosk does not correctly indicate status changes at B-station's. (sometime) this means that preset 2 is active on the b station, but another one is indicated on the kiosk.

We used the template for LPU-2 on the B-station, but I change the preset numbers as required (pb and ac of course)...

I suspect that due to security and restrictions on the corporate network, OSC communication is not fully functional and some feedbacks do not pass correctly. Possible? Do you have any experience in this issue or some recommendations? Would be the solution to use TCP/UDP communication instead of OSC? Thank you. Michal

March 07, 2023, 11:11:46 AM
Reply #19

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Hello Michal,

I would say that if it was a network setting problem it would not work at all.  But maybe sometimes the network gets a bit overloaded and some packets get lost.

You can easily do the same thing that you did with OSC with UDP messages as B-Station2 and Kiosc Touch can easily send and receive UDP messages.
For TCP, this is not possible as the B-Station2 cannot send TCP messages.

I can see 2 solutions, first would be to send twice each osc message that you send from the B-station, by adding a second OSC task in each action. The second one would be to use the TCP connection between the KIOSC Touch and the B-station. Kiosc touch can send TCP messages and B-Station can receive them. Using TCP should make make the connection much more stable.

If you still have some problem  you can then also try to replace the OSC connection by the UDP connection.

I hope this will help you,
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk