Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Indicator colour in KioscTouch  (Read 5038 times)

June 21, 2021, 08:05:55 PM
Read 5038 times

Miky

Hi, I need to set more different colour change of Indicator, Actually there is is only small difference in intensity, not too significant. How I can set the different colour of active indicator?

Thanks. M.

June 22, 2021, 09:32:39 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Page 51 and 51 of the (English) Kiosc manual explains all the feedback options for the Indicator.

In short, it can be toggled on and off using a bool. This will visually make it brighter or less bright, much like a LED light.
By sending a colour via either an OSC colour message or hex colour via UDP (my_indicator=#FF00FF) you can change the colour.

Greetings,
Bootsy

June 22, 2021, 10:52:08 AM
Reply #2

Miky

I saw it there, but Im not clear what exact string I should put into tag line. It should show the state of pb01 on LPU. Please send me an example. Actually I type /pb01/ac.

Thanks. Michal.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 11:06:27 AM by Miky »

June 22, 2021, 12:17:56 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Michal,

Are you using LPU-1 or LPU-2? Only the LPU-2 has support for network control and feedback. It also has a webinterface, including a monitor page. You can see any commands that are send and received there.

For OSC the /pb01/ac should work, as long as all the network settings are setup correctly. (check the incoming port on Kiosc)
After saving the showfile to Kiosc, make sure that you are not running KioscEditor when testing feedback, especially not on the same machine as Kiosc. Close everything, then open Kiosc. Then make sure you send an API command to the LPU using Kiosc. (You can send the "hello" command) so the LPU knows where to send the feedback. Now start a playback that was previously not active, and the indicator should light up. (As previously mentioned, look at the monitor page of the LPU-2 to see if and what it sends)

For UDP, it is pretty much the same. Do note that the commands are a bit different though, it would be "pb01/ac" instead of "/pb01/ac"

Greetings,
Bootsy

June 23, 2021, 08:22:27 AM
Reply #4

Miky

All you describe is working me fine. But my question is, how to change the light up colour. Default colour (brightness) change is not enought noticeable. I mean like this: - no playback indicator is grey colour, active playback turn indicator to red colour.

M.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 08:25:17 AM by Miky »

June 24, 2021, 10:48:04 AM
Reply #5

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Miky,
Unfortunately that is not part of the LPU-2 API. I can add it to the wishlist though.

If the change in brightness is not big enough, I recommend using a button element instead of an indicator. Give it a try, the difference is much more visible.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 12, 2023, 06:44:34 PM
Reply #6

Miky

Hello,

Is there some news regarding custom colours of indicators?

Another issue I need to solve. We controll LPU-2 via OSC from 6pcs B-stations, which are located in 6 rooms (studios), simultaneously we controll the same LPU-2 from Kiosc Touch located at controll room. Kiosc touch has 6 pages, for every studio, so when the operator need to change lighting preset in studio 4, he have to switch kiosc touch to page "Studio 4" and there is 6 buttons+indicators for 6 presets. He press preset 3 and LPU-2 activate this preset, also B-station button 3 is backlighted. Thats all oK. But when Sombody in studio 1 change the preset on B-station locally, then operator at controll room after he jump to page "Studio 1" is not able to recognise what preset is active, because indicator is not refreshed. Only on kiosc´s active page is indicator working..

What to do to refresh indicator status after page change?

Thanks for advice, attached is kiosc´s config file

Michal

February 15, 2023, 10:14:20 AM
Reply #7

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi,

About the indicators color, you can send a  hex color code to an indicator and this will change the color of it.  So you can have a off red indicator that turn green when it's on. You just need to add the color OSC message task to the action in the Bstation.

In the last firmware version, the KIOSC touch  updates the status of all elements even if they are in a page that is not active. You can update the Kiosc Touch firmware to 1,15.12 using the vmanager software.

You can also use the page tag to know which page is displayed on kiosc. The page tag will be send each time the page is displayed. You can also use this tag to change the page displayed on the Kiosc touch.

I hope this will help you,
enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 17, 2023, 03:10:11 PM
Reply #8

Miky

Thanks for such information, Finally, before your answer I did rebuild the kiosc touch´s layout so now all studios are on one page..

Even after fw update, when kiosc is just rebooted, it didnt show any changes on indicators (made by B-station)  until I press any button on kiosc. Then all seems to be working correctly (buttons and indicators).

M.

February 17, 2023, 03:25:23 PM
Reply #9

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I am glad to know that everything is working fine.
To get all the feedback values when you restart the kiosc app, you need to add a tag to the first page, this tag will be sent when Kiosc will start.
This way you can use this message to trigger a refresh of all the feedbacks informations from the B-station.
I hope this will help you,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 18, 2023, 12:16:20 AM
Reply #10

Miky

February 20, 2023, 09:23:24 AM
Reply #11

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 20, 2023, 11:04:11 AM
Reply #12

Miky

Can you show me please how such tag looks like?  :)

February 20, 2023, 01:09:14 PM
Reply #13

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
See the included screen shot,
 1- select the first page of your layout
 2- set an OSC, UDP or TCP tag

This tag will be sent everytime the page is displayed by the Kiosc touch, and also when it starts.
Sending this tag to the Kiosc Touch with  a "on" value will also able to y ou to display the desired page.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 20, 2023, 02:41:51 PM
Reply #14

Miky

Thank you, I understand where, but please what string I have to put to the OSC line to refresh the indicators status.  ::)

Thank you.
Michal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk