Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Timespan and sunset integration  (Read 2193 times)

June 28, 2021, 09:48:58 AM
Read 2193 times

Andy ESL

Hi Support,

I've a few ideas how to achieve this but I thought it might be useful for all if the definitive solution were available on the forum.

We've an install for facade lighting that needs to illuminate at sunset ( with perhaps an offset ) everyday and extinguish at 1AM - for this we use the scheduler controlling playback intensity.
The use of intensity is because we are using timespan to choose the correct cue dependent on season/holiday.

We are using timespan to guarantee the show recommences should there be a loss of power.

in an ideal world sunset/sunrise would be options in timespan and therefore we would need only timespan.

because we can't, we need to nest timespan and scheduler.

So, the question: How do we nest timespan and scheduler in order to relaunch the correct cue on a restoration of power between sunset and 1AM ( and not outside that period )

cheers

Andy

July 05, 2021, 09:51:13 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Andy,

As we already discussed on the phone, there is no way of doing this right now unfortunately. But I added the timespan sunset-sunrise options to the wish list.

Greetings,
Bootsy

July 13, 2021, 11:18:14 AM
Reply #2

Andy ESL

Thanks Bootsy,

for the moment then, I imagine the cleanest way of ensuring a relaunch of the show would be to give the timespan a daily start hour that coincides with the earliest possible show launch time ( ex. sunset +1hr on the 21st dec ). Keep the show launch task in a UserList and issue an attempt to launch at reboot.

cheers

Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk