Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: B-Station2 - control color (RBG) of fixture from button  (Read 1692 times)

June 10, 2021, 12:18:47 AM
Read 1692 times

Tyler Ferrero

Hey,

Coming from using CueCore2's exclusively, I have a small install with a couple fixtures and a B-Station2. Fits the needs perfectly, just want to see if I can put some more into the install as 'extra'.

I've dedicated some buttons for the pre-made preset looks and intensity controls as needed, but I'd like to add the ability to allow the client to select any color at the push of the last remaining button. I've figured out how to do this with a playback and 16 pre-recorded cues that the button can cycle through. I'd like to see if its possible to leverage using the fixture->RGB->control with a single button or a variable. Am I barking up the right tree?

Button 6 held -> fixtures run through RGB cycle -> Button 6 released -> fixture color scroll stops wherever it was.

Thanks,
-Tyler

July 05, 2021, 09:46:08 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Tyler,

Yes that should work. I did found one issue, the variable to Fixture-RGB does not work in firmware 1.07... Luckily the task DMX - RGB Control does work.
I created an example, I added the backup file as an attachment to this post.

In this file, a short press will trigger the last stored colour using a refresh (does not survive a reboot though) and a long press will scroll through the colours.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk