Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Triggering recording on Artnet Input  (Read 131 times)

December 16, 2021, 09:29:11 PM
Read 131 times

Stefanreck

Hello there,

I have a CueCore2 which I need to record short lighting sequences (10-30s) to from an MA GMA 1. Feeding the signal into the Core via Artnet, manually starting the recording and playing back the sequences works fine, however they won't loop cleanly this way (obviously...). To do this I would need to trigger and stop the recording automatically via the input signal, but this option does not seem to work. Any ideas? Does this work over artnet (my preferred way of doing it, as it can be done remotely...) or do I really need to use the actual DMX input on the CueCore?

December 17, 2021, 05:01:25 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
If the artnet trigger do not work in th etrack tab, you canjust go into the show control tab, and create an artnet action list. Then you can easily create 2 actions, one to start recording and one to stop recording ( and maybe one to erase the track before recording) linked to artnet values on a dedicated channel, this way you will have an easy control of the recording.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 20, 2021, 09:09:08 AM
Reply #2

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Please note that using a trigger channel still requires you to press the "record" button as you would normally do. With the trigger channel at 0%, it will stand by as long as the channel is 0% and start recording as soon as you raise the channel. Recording will stop when you lower the channel to 0 again.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk