Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: implement pictures  (Read 12023 times)

November 06, 2002, 02:10:00 PM
Read 12023 times

red

• http://www.verorschmi.net
hi community hi maarten!  :mrgreen:

my question is how can i find the path for custom pics,
specific i will set a pic for a omniscan msd.
i understand i make a new folder in the manufactor folder include the pics
the same problem is to correct the gobopics  8O

maybe it is possible that you can post an instruction, how to construct an new library with an new product type (for example: a new scanner,...)
in this instruction we would need the steps, in which we can see the right settings of the steps ( for example: a construction from the beginning of one fixture)

:idea: aditional my idea is we can use the avatargallery in this cool forum to manage product and gobo pics (for the admin plz make this tool active)

thx and sorry for my bad english :twisted:
djred @ www.veranstaltungstechnik.at

November 06, 2002, 03:47:46 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
As requested: Instructions to add a fixture specific bitmap to VisualDMX.

Step 1.

If not already present, create a sub-directory in the directory \VisualDMX\Glyphs\. Rename this new directory to the name of the manufacturer of the fixture. Use exactly the same name as used in VisualDMX, otherwise it will not be recognised.

Step 2.

Create the bitmap of the fixture. The bitmap should have the following specifications:
- 100 x 100 pixels
- 24bit color
- background color in blue (or another color that is not used in the picture itself)
- Preferably, the fixture should be oriented in a hanging position.

Step 3.

Rename the bitmap to the name of the fixture. Use exactly the same name as used in VisualDMX, otherwise it will not be recognised.

Step 4.

Restart VisualDMX to check the result.

Step 5.

It might be a fun idea to e-mail the picture to support@visualdmx.com. Then we will insert the picture in the new release, enabling other users to withness your creativity.

Good luck!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk