Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: recording time to long when dumping cuelist to Quadcore  (Read 1511 times)

January 15, 2022, 12:50:49 PM
Read 1511 times

Yves

Hello,

I just got a quadcore, and I am trying to dump some sequences from CueluxPro into it. The problem I encounter is that the recording time chosen by CueluxPro when dumping does not match the runtime of the sequence. In fact, the recording time tends to be longer than the runtime of the cuelist, so that it will record an entire run and the beginning of the next one. This causes the track to jump when playing back on the quadcore.

The cuelist that I created doesn't contain any effects, just values for six RGBW fixtures. All cues are in mode "Follow", and the delay, fade in and fade out times are 1 second each

January 17, 2022, 12:01:30 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Are you dumping a static scene from a playback, or does it contain multiple cues?

For any static scene I would dump right out of the programmer instead of using a playback. Just clear everything, set your fixtures in the programmer, press dump, type the track number and press enter. This dumps a single frame  of DMX, which can later be modified using the console on the web interface.

If you dump with a playback, make sure the speed of the playback is set to default. (right click on it to be sure, it should snap back to default) 
The dumping process currently does not take the speed fader into account, which will cause the recording to be either too long or too short.

If none of this solved the issue, can you share your showfile?

Greetings,
Bootsy

January 17, 2022, 02:47:15 PM
Reply #2

Yves

Hello,

it was the speedfader. After reseting it, the sequence dumps fine.

Another question: is it possible to dump a timecode sequence using CueluxPro? As far as my understanding currently goes, I would need the quadcore to be in standalone mode in order to record a timecode sequence, but I would need it to be in CueluxPro mode in order to output any dmx data from CueluxPro. So, does this always require an external light controller, or is there a workaround in order to do it with CueluxPro.

January 18, 2022, 09:34:03 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I'm afraid I think there is no way of doing that without another QuadCore... The mastering of the QuadCore is the license of CueluxPro, without it you don't have any output.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk