Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuecore1 playback disengages itself /URGENT HELP  (Read 1549 times)

January 20, 2022, 08:47:44 AM
Read 1549 times

sbk

Hi,

I have a Cuecore1 on the field, which is playing a 4-minutes recorded show following a timecode.

It works but only plays a few loops, but then for some reasons it disengages : the green icon disappear by itself (show intensity goes to 0) and so the show is not playing anymore.
There is 110 DMX channels playing, and I used the "triggered record" trigger to record the show.

Why such a behavior, and especially how can I correct it as soon as possible?
It is a running event and should absolutely run everyday for next 12 days.

Thanks for any help
Sebastien

January 20, 2022, 10:12:37 AM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have the means to test this right now, as I am working from home.

Does the timecode loop as well, does it start over at 0 after 4 minutes? Perhaps you can setup a showcontrol action in the timecode source to set the playstate of the recording at a certain time.

If it does not solve it, can you share a backup of the CueCore?

Greetings,
Bootsy

January 20, 2022, 10:26:10 AM
Reply #2

sbk

Hello,

Thanks for que quick answer.

The timecode is always received and showing up correctly (SMPTE timecode), timecode is generated by an external audio player which plays a song with timecode in loop. Just the show playback deactivates itself.

To make the show playing again, I just have to click on "Play" button again, and it works again. But oviously, I can not stay there for 12 days just to click on Play all night long...

Sebastien

January 20, 2022, 10:48:53 AM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

I attached a screenshot, can you try setting up this in ShowControl on the CueCore1? You will first need to add the "TimeCode" action source from the left section. Then on the right you can add an action. Then set it up as in the screenshot. I have the timecode set to 00:00:00.00 but perhaps you have to set it to trigger a few frames in.

Greetings,
Bootsy

January 20, 2022, 11:55:28 AM
Reply #4

sbk

Hi,

Ok, I will go on site again tonight and will try this. Also will try to upload a new DMX recording.

Btw, if there is a small mismatch between timecode and show length, i.e. the timecode restarts before the show end, it should't matter, right? There is no obvious reason why the green icon disappear?
I already simplified everything in the interface, no artnet routing etc, but is still doesn't work unfortunately.

Sebastien

January 21, 2022, 11:10:50 AM
Reply #5

sbk

Hello,

Your workaround is working! I put the timecode trigger at 00.05. I can actually see when the script acts, as there is a small delay before the lights turn on again at the start (no fade in), but it's already much better than no lights at all.

Thanks for the great support.
Sebastien

January 24, 2022, 04:24:49 AM
Reply #6

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
most of time when a show is using timecode for synchronisation, the show start time stamp is 1 hour.
this way you have some time before to synchronise timecode with all hardware and start your effect just a few second the real start of the show. ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk