Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: DUMP CueluxPro to CueCore2  (Read 2656 times)

January 22, 2022, 12:11:03 AM
Read 2656 times

Tobias Pfammatter

Hi,
I'm having issues with dumping dynamic content to CueCore2.
Setup is CueCore2 and KioscTouch.
All static content is triggered by OSC actions which works fine.
Now I'd need to dump some playbacks including FX from CueluxPro to CueCore2.
The playback should contain intensity FX and positions FX.
I recorded cues on playback buttons, but after dumping them,
the track in CueCore2 is empty or has only a duration of i.e. 0.2sec.
What's the best way to record a cue and then dump it to CueCore2?

Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 12:12:39 AM by tpf »

January 24, 2022, 04:14:05 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi,
I guess you have recorded one cue, on each playback button. When you edit the cuelist, the delay may be at 0. This is why your dumped track is so short.
My advice is to create 2 cues on the playback button with the exact same effect. Then set the 2 cues into follow mode in the edit window and set delays time to 1 minutes for exemple.
Before dumping the cuelist into the cuecore, start it, it will now run as a loop. Then click, dump, the track number of cuecore 2, and the the playback button. It will now record the playback for 2 minutes and you will be able to see your effect.
i hope this will help you.
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 24, 2022, 09:36:47 AM
Reply #2

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

When dumping an FX from CLP, there are a few things to watch out for. Remember that CLP needs to be able to calculate the loop time. So never use more than one FX in the same playback, and make sure that all fixtures share the same FX speed.
One single cue in the playback, with condition "Halt" should dump the FX properly. Make sure to start the playback before doing the dump.

Two bugs that are fixed in the next release:
The FX speed fader of the playback is not taken into account when dumping. This could mess up the recording duration.
Negative speed will not dump properly. But setting the speed to something positive and inverting the phase should give you the same FX in most cases, and this will dump properly.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk