Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Sennheiser OSC with IOcore2 to GPO  (Read 2005 times)

February 08, 2022, 10:26:26 AM
Read 2005 times

Thomas_NDR

Hi,
we bought an IOcore2 because we want to connect a Sennheiser EM6000 with the IOCore2.
The Sennheiser EM6000 speaks OSC protocol, if I belve in the manual.

What have I done until now:

I create a IP Network
Sennheiser EM 6000: IP 172.20.73.102
IOcore2: IP 172.20.73.101
Laptop W10 32Bit: 172.20.73.8

Install the VManager SW.
Now I want to connect the IOcore2 with the EM6000. But in the VManager SW I cant define an Input IP.

I have absolute no idea, how to connect the Sennheiser with the IOcore2 equipment.

Kind regards
Thomas

February 08, 2022, 03:28:47 PM
Reply #1

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forums.

I have no experience with the Sennheiser EM6000, can you tell me where to find info about its OSC capabilities and configuration?

To send OSC messages from the IoCore2 to a target, you will have to enter the IP address and port on the settings page of the IoCore2. This is on the web interface, you can reach it by pressing "Browse" in vManager while having the IoCore2 selected.
When that is setup, you can go to the ShowControl page to actually send the OSC messages. You will need to add an action list source first, which will be what triggers the message. In the action list you can then add an action. Edit the action you added, and setup the trigger values. You can then add the "OSC" task to the action, which will determine the properties of the OSC message to be sent.

When sending OSC from the Sennheiser to the IoCore2, you will need to make sure that the Senhheiser sends to the IP and port of the IoCore2.
After verifying that the IoCore2 receives the OSC messages using the monitor page, you can add the action list source "OSC" for receiving the OSC messages. This is also done on the ShowControl page.

Greetings,
Bootsy

February 09, 2022, 11:07:24 AM
Reply #2

Thomas_NDR

Hi Bootsy,

sorry for the missing Information. I tryed yesterday to implement the link.
But the Spam detection of this forum think it was a spambot. So I take out the link.

Here you can find the informations:
https://assets.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/8378/TI_1109_v2.2_Sennheiser_Sound_Control_Protocol_Digital_6000_EN.pdf

To send OSC messages from the IoCore2 to a target, you will have to enter the IP address and port on the settings page of the IoCore2.
I enter the IP Address of the Sennheiser in the field: OSC -> Destination IP and port 1 : 172.20.73.102:8000

Now I choose the Template "GPI ->SC Float"
Go to Actions Gpi 1 and Edit the OSC URI. But I don't know how to implement the target and the right commands.

For the direction Sennheiser to IOcore2 I have to make a request to Sennheiser.
I found no point in the Sennheiser Device where I can define an OSC target.

My goal was to read out the status of the Sennheiser command switch and trigger a GPO on the IOcore2.

Kind regards
Thomas

February 22, 2022, 12:18:57 PM
Reply #3

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

For the send string feature of the OSC task in the IoCore2, you have entered the string as parameter1. I think that should be in parameter2 instead....
The first parameter is the OSC command you want to execute in the Sennheiser, the second parameter is the value you want to send.
So the first parameter (or OSC URI) should be something like this:
/rx1/testtone

With the second parameter the value -52.

You will probably need to use "Send Unsigned" which makes the -52 appear as "4294967244", but you can try if that works. In binary it should be the same as a 32 bit signed integer with the value of -52.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk