Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Personality file for Briteq Beam-Fury 1  (Read 968 times)

January 31, 2022, 05:33:58 PM
Read 968 times

Ben.schoots

Hi There!

I have 5 Briteq Beam-Fury's hanging in our bar. I used to have a personality file for it, which was made with vBuilder but since i have added a new personality file for a smoke machine i cannot find the personality file in cuety and also not in vbuilder because the personality file was made by someone else.

the personality file is patched and still programmed in one of the shows, is there a way to copy it from the LPU? Or can someone make a personality file for this fixture? because i dont get it to work..

I did figure out that if i want to copy the personality files from vBuilder on windows to cuety on Ipad i have to delete the old user.personality file, so im afraid i have accidentally deleted the old file.

Edit: I see that it was setup as: [showsales] Fury 1 - 12CH

Edit 2: My now fix:
I opened the show which had the correct personality file already patched in.
I then created a new show, saved a copy of the show that i previously mentioned.
And i manually deleted all cues and the patched fixtures that were not needed in the new show.
After which i added the new fixtures and started to build new cues.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 11:34:49 AM by Ben.schoots »

February 01, 2022, 05:09:10 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi, Thank you for using our LPU with cuety.
Sadly you are right, there can be only one user.personality file on the iPad, so when you transferred the new one with your smoke machine it deleted the old one.
When you already have an "user.personality" file on your ipad, you need to merge the old one with the new one. It's done automatically if you are using vbuilder for creating all your fixtures, but if the first fixture had been created on an other system like in your case you would need to do it by hand. You can see some explanations in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=657OW347CIY
Or you can do a request on the forum.
Now to solve your problem I have created the briteq beam fury fixture file that I include with this post. You can try to merge it by yourself or if you send me your own user.personality file including your smoke machine I can merge them for you.
Last solution would be to use a smoke machine fixture from the generic folder in cuety as most of the smoke machines are always only one or two channels!

I hope this will help you,
enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 01, 2022, 11:39:42 AM
Reply #2

Ben.schoots

Thanks for the file!

I think merging will work, but i struggled a bit with creating the shutter values for the beam fury's, which is why it probably didn't work.

The smoke machine is a 4 channel Steam Wizard 2000, so the generic smoke personality file did work but i wanted to control the strobe and color functions manually, which now works.

I updated the above post with my workaround way to copy an already patched fixture, might be useful to someone someday.

But since you sent me a personality file for the beam fury i will just update the personality file! Thanks!

February 01, 2022, 02:52:34 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Good job!
Glad you had been able to get everything working fine.
I don't think you had to make a copy of the file and delete all cues. Going in the patch screen and selecting the previous fixtures, then selecting the new one in the library should replace the fixtures in the cues.
Anyway, if it works, fine now, it's the most important!
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk