Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Moving head, assigning a "barrier" for pan/tilt  (Read 1799 times)

February 16, 2022, 05:05:42 PM
Read 1799 times

FraMil

Hello,
just playing around with my newly acquired LPU-1 using a small U'King RGBW moving head. I'll be putting 4 of each on either side of the stage on windups stand and playing with the automatic movement FX generator I can't find a way of setting an "offset" on the movement.

For example, imagine a t-bar with 4 of those along the side of the stage, when generating a moving FX (circle movement for example) I'd like for the lights to shine only on stage so basically to use only half of the excursion on the tilt movement so that the lights don't spill outside the stage. Is it possibile or do I need to create the movements manually ?

Hope I explained myself :@

Many thanks
Fran

February 17, 2022, 03:29:04 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I ma glad you are enjoying using Cuety. ;D
About your request, you can edit the size of the effect in the movement effect window, but it will affect the X and Y size at the same time.
To set the effect only on your stage the best solution is to set the position of the moving toward the stage without any fx on. Once your movings are pointing at the center of the zone you want the effect to be displayed you can go in the fx window and set your effect. This way it will be centered around the position the heads were pointing at.
 I hope this will help you,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 25, 2022, 02:34:57 AM
Reply #2

FraMil

Hi Julien, thanks for your reply ! Yay I figured it out thanks !!

The way I think I'm gonna approach it is creating a movement without any offsets and then creating 2 cues with 2 different offsets, one for the stage and one for the dancefloor ! That way I can quickly tweak the offset positions in different venues and situations...!!

I'm going thru the manual properly now (yeha I know...I always do that xD) to understand how to program the rotary controls just above the faders :) . If you happen to read this and wanted to point me in the right direction it'd be awesome !!

Many thanks
Fran

February 25, 2022, 01:07:19 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Great you succeed to do what you wanted!
About the rotary encoders, if your cues are set as "follow" condition it will adjust the timing between cues. If your cues are in "stop" condition, then the rotary encoder will control the speed of the effects included in the cue.
enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk