Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Font and Size  (Read 4613 times)

July 13, 2009, 06:43:54 PM
Read 4613 times

Sparky

Hello,

I tried Cuelux now for a few days - without dmx interface -  seems very nice.
A better manual would be helpfull. Programming by trial and error and reading trough the forum is a hard way to learn how cuelux works. I think it is much easier, for you as well, to put the answers into a new manual and put it online as a kind of faq. 
The font you use, e.g. when changing the name of a cue, may look nice and futuristic, but is horrible to read. I would prefer an other fond or the possibility to change it in the options.
Also the size of the letters and numbers of the cues above the buttons and faders is very small and hard to read. There is lot of space for bigger letters.

Thanks
Ralf

July 14, 2009, 11:35:41 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Ralf,

You're right; the 'lcd' font looks cool but is difficult to read. I'll try to find a better one...

Also the font size in the 'playback indicators' is very small at the moment to allow longer names. I will make an algorithm that automatically enlarges the font in case of shorter names.

regards,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

July 19, 2009, 04:40:36 PM
Reply #2

Sparky

Hello

another sugesstion for fonts:
font colour in the playback indicators changes relatet to status of button. In case of a switched off group it is dark blue. This is almost black on black.
Why not changing the colour of the frame but keep the font in white for all kinds of status.

I have a small problem with the playback buttons switching off by holding them for more than 1 second. And the space for the desklight is lost space. What about 4 buttons in this space for switching off cues like "bank on top of screen off", "all banks on top of screen off", "bank on top of faders off" and "all banks on top of faders off"?

Hardware:
Is it possible to connect to different controllers. e.g. a BCF 2000 and a Nano pad and put the same funktion on both controllers? Like blinders on a fader on the BCF and on a pad on the nano?

Is it possible to use a playback button with a controller which is on a bank that is not selected on the screen - like bank 1 on the screen and controller controlls bank 2?

Thank you
Ralf

July 19, 2009, 04:57:23 PM
Reply #3

Sparky

Hello,
just discovered a problem after start. The fog button is ok. Strobe does strobe and blinder and blinder button doesnt work.
Each time i have to rename the group "strobe" to "Strobe" (capital letter) to make it work proper again.
Since i got no interface i can see it only in the list of the fixtures in the middle of the screen. Not shure if it is just a problem on the screen and ok with actual connected devices. Maybe there is a bug in DMX output as well.

i use Win XP and cuelux 0.32 build 1 beta

Ralf
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:19:16 PM by Sparky »

July 22, 2009, 10:56:08 AM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@sparky
Why not changing the colour of the frame but keep the font in white for all kinds of status.
Good thinking. Let me give it a try, see how it looks...

I have a small problem with the playback buttons switching off by holding them for more than 1 second. And the space for the desklight is lost space. What about 4 buttons in this space for switching off cues like "bank on top of screen off", "all banks on top of screen off", "bank on top of faders off" and "all banks on top of faders off"?
I won't argue the functionality of the desklight with, because there isn't :) We just found it a cool idea to fill up that empty space. Sure, if we find anything anything usefull to put in the desklight's place then it's gotta go.... we'll work in the 'dark'! Let me have a think about an easy way to release the playbacks, maybe we can think of something systematic... 4 buttons for roughly the same function feels a bit 'expensive' to me, however, a get the your point: it would be great to make 'releasing' faster.

Is it possible to connect to different controllers. e.g. a BCF 2000 and a Nano pad and put the same funktion on both controllers? Like blinders on a fader on the BCF and on a pad on the nano?
Cuelux is set only to listen to one midi controller, so if you want to use two controllers it becomes difficult, but not impossible.
What you would need is one midi controller with a MIDI input that can merge the incoming MIDI stream into its own, eg. the BCF2000 or use a software tool like midiyoke. Then you would need to create your own midimap file. You would need a basic understanding of XML to create a new file that combines for instance the BCF mapping of that of the Korg nanopad. Just keep your new file in the 'midimaps' directory and Cuelux will load it next time. This 'midimaps' folder is difficult to acces on Mac Os, I'll move it to the user directory in the next release to make things easier.

Is it possible to use a playback button with a controller which is on a bank that is not selected on the screen - like bank 1 on the screen and controller controlls bank 2?
No, unfortunately this is not posibble; the banks on the screen and midi are sync'd.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:59:21 AM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

July 22, 2009, 11:18:09 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@sparky

Each time i have to rename the group "strobe" to "Strobe" (capital letter) to make it work proper again.

Yes, I now see this bug as well. It shouldn't take long to fix...
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk