Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: comment for the latest cuelux 0.32  (Read 3428 times)

July 15, 2009, 01:26:54 AM
Read 3428 times

RonEnNieShow

Hi cuelux

the first thing i want to say is that it's great to notice that you guys are working so hard on the software.

what works great is the new system when i use several movingheads it now is running smootly. ;D
the fine on the movement // position works really great
and also the system of latest select cue works really nice. it's getting easier and easier to use the software every time.
but as usaly we have found some new bugs :o

1. if i set the beam of a movinghead to 100% i get white light out of my movinghead so far so good but if i make a cuelist of it and don't select white in the color menu it will change to the latest color of the latest cue because it is not learnt to be white and so it wil keep the color of the latest cue this is also whit the strobo thing it is not automaticly be remembert to white or off but set to blanco

for excampel : que one mh 1 position 8 beam 100%    ( white light and moving around )
                        que two mh 1 position 8 beam 100% and select green and strobo L

if i record this to fader one everthing is great until i select que 1 go to next que 2 by pusing play button still oke but when i push play again to go back to que one it still is flashing and green but when i set this in que one to white and strobo to zero it will just remember it and work correctly could you program this so that when i make que one beam 100% and non strobo effect that it is not blanco but set to zero so when i select it bij play after a second que it will remember to be white and does not strobe

2 the martin smoge gun 2000 goes at the 50% fader to a 100% smoge output

3 if i make a par spot chase of several steps the last step and the first step will not be fade over but stops suddenly and at the same time wille start suddenly whit step one of the chase could you make this a fade if select chase

4 i still shoot to the brand whit a h if i type sh for showtec in the patching menu

5 i i select a bar whit coler by picking blue or something i cant go up or down by pussing the arrows on my pc
   this is also in the patching menu by brands and type and furter more

well i think this is it for now to put on your list for now but i will let you know if i have more problems / suggestions

keep up the great work and have a nice holliday

July 22, 2009, 11:54:07 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Ronny,

1. if i record this to fader one everthing is great until i select que 1 go to next que 2 by pusing play button still oke but when i push play again to go back to que one it still is flashing and green but when i set this in que one to white and strobo to zero it will just remember it and work correctly could you program this so that when i make que one beam 100% and non strobo effect that it is not blanco but set to zero so when i select it bij play after a second que it will remember to be white and does not strobe
This is perhaps one of the most complicated aspects of programming lights in a cuelist system. The 'tracking' system in Cuelux deliberately only changes the fixture's attributes when it encounters a new value in the cue. Not putting a value in a cue thus have a function: it means no change.

Let's look at an example: Say you have a cuelist of 10 cues. In each cue you've programmed the colour 'blue'. Now you change your mind and would like to program the colour 'red' instead. You now have to change 10 cues, from 'blue' into 'red'. Had you just programmed 'blue' only in the first cue and left the others empty (colour wise), you would only need to change 1 cue into 'red'. This is one of the strengths of tracking.

Another advantage of tracking is that it allows for a cuelist to contain just one attribute (eg. Dimmer) and run it simultaneously with an another cuelist just containing a different attribute (eg. Position).

If the software were to assume to include attributes, even when not touched in programmer, tracking wouldn't be possible. I'm not saying it's easy, but if you get the hang of it, it becomes very powerful.

2 the martin smoge gun 2000 goes at the 50% fader to a 100% smoge output
How do I put this subtile; please have a look at the DMX Monitor in the Options menu. Bring up the fog fader in the programmer and it should cross nicely from 0 to 255. So could it be a Pro2000 issue? I've owned one myself in the past and I remember the throttle to be not quite 'linear'...  :'(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:59:13 AM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

August 12, 2009, 03:33:26 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Ronny,

version 0.33 is online and it now has the search-as-you-type function in the patch->add dialog. I hope you like it!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk