Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Colour fade on selected heads  (Read 1494 times)

August 22, 2022, 02:16:06 PM
Read 1494 times

Rayco

HI,

I'm sure I used to have a setting when I could have a 'Scene' set then select only a few lights and apply another colour to them with a Go Button.

Can't seem to make that work now, it makes all lights change.

What I want to do is make the selected lights fade slowly to new colour.

Thanks

August 23, 2022, 09:37:52 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi,
In cuelux when you create a cue it records the parameters and the fixtures it will be applied to.
So if you have created a cue where all your fixture are turning red, each time you will call it all your fixtures will turn red, independently of the selected fixtures on your screen.
But you can also create a cue where only some of your fixtures are selected. In this case if you create a cue where only some of your fixture are yellow, if you activate this cue, just those fixtures will turn yellow, if after you start the cue with all the fixtures in red, they will all turn red.
Now if you first activate the cue turning all fixtures in red, and then the one with only few fixtures in yellow, the fixtures in the second cuelist will turn yellow and the others will stay red.
This because the colour parameter use the LTP priority: Latest takes priority. That means it's always the latest colour value you call that will be applied. ( the other solution for priority is HTP: Highest takes priority, like for intensity)

I hope this will help you, ;)

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

August 25, 2022, 11:19:17 AM
Reply #2

Rayco

Was really looking for something where I could have a 'Look' or Scene running, which could be a chase or effect.  Then apply a slow fade to a different colour to some lights while keeping the scene running,  Without a sudden change to next colour.

I'm sure I did manage to do this in a earlier version.

August 25, 2022, 11:37:55 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Ok I understand!
You want to apply a fade effect to your cues. To do that just edit the playback where your cuelist is, ( double click on the playback's small display or on edit and then the playback) then click on the "edit cuelist" button.
From here you can select the fade in and fade out values of each cue. This way you can create nice fades effects between your cues.
I hope this will help,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk