Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Share ideas to improve Visual DMX  (Read 10766 times)

April 20, 2006, 09:57:35 PM
Read 10766 times

Allan Pardane

Hello all

This topic is ment to people who have some ideas what abilities and options Visual DMX should have. I find it the best soft on market for me, but it has some details that can react even better. If someone feels the same its time to say something, because end users feedback is most important information for developers and they need a guide to make this good soft even better and with more alternatives.
So Church-, school-, disco-, stage-, and all other lighters shoot your thaughts cuz who knows, if developers find some good ideas from here it may ease your work too  :wink:  :wink: .

Thans for your attention
Sincerely yours,

Allan Pardane

April 20, 2006, 10:43:14 PM
Reply #1

Allan Pardane

First:

Ability to program substeps.
1/16 step interval accuracy would be great (I could program very short flashes and even strobe effects, all tempo based).

Second:

Joystick sensitivity control.
Some lights move just too slow on joystick controlled. It would be great if could control that on z axis trigger (on joystick).

Third:

Tempo interface improvement:
I havent realized how tempo tapping works. When I tap two strokes, program trys to calculate tempo, of course its totally wrong. And It takes wery long time tapping before program understands a real tempo. Mabye it would be better when program calculates tempo after four strokes (like in music). It would add more accuracy.
I plan to purchase digital keyboard to have more decent hotkeys than laptopĀ“s little keys (try to aim them in dark room).  On a lightshow my both hands are occupied and I cant tap a tempo.  Good idea would be to tap tempo on keyboards foot pedal (that two limbs under the table doesnt do anything useful anyway).

So these were my ideas. What do you guys think?
Sincerely yours,

Allan Pardane

April 24, 2006, 12:02:53 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Allan,

Thanks for the post.

I like your idea for controlling the sensitivity of the joystick control. Right now, the Cue Editor only allows you to alter a 'Movement High Resolution' setting (in Specials) for making your joystick less sensitive.

I will look into replacing this option into a 'joystick sensitivity' setting that can be set from 0% - 100%, of course allowing it to be controlled via the Cue Editor so it can be mapped on the joystick's Z-axis or any other source/trigger.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk