Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Toggle / exclusive  (Read 1491 times)

November 07, 2022, 01:41:18 AM
Read 1491 times

Gedrochtje

Hello,

I'm working with a LPU-2 and Kiosk Touch.

In the Cuety programmer I use exclusive on a row for colours to automatically put other buttons on or off.

I fail to see how to do this in Kiosk, is it possible?   The toggle button works, but doenst set the other buttons to off.

Thanks!

November 07, 2022, 12:22:51 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
There is no way to control the status of a button in kiosc from the LPU.

To control a toggle button status you need to send to kiosc the udp tag of the button + =on or =off.

For exemple if your UDP tag is "button" then sending "button=on" via UDP will activate it.

To control the LPU2 playbacks you need to set the UPD tag to 'pb../go+' and the LPU will send back a UDP message to kiosc giving the status of the playback with the form "pb../ac=on/off".
So it cannot control the button.

But what you can do is to add an 'indicator' in KIOSC above each button and set the UDP tag of the indicator to 'pb../ac'. This way when the payback is active the indicator will turn on, and off when the playback is inactive.
And you can even put the indicator over the button to make them looks as only one button.

I hope this will help you,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 07, 2022, 01:14:46 PM
Reply #2

Gedrochtje

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, the indicator does the trick! Thanks!!

One little remark:  the visual difference between on or off state could be better.   I think the off state should be darker, so you have a greater difference.

November 07, 2022, 01:31:00 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Thank you for your feedback, I will add it in our wishlist. :)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk