Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Is this a bug?  (Read 1486 times)

October 02, 2022, 05:46:14 AM
Read 1486 times

Adam

• Warrandyte community theatre
Running current version of Cuelux for a theatre performance. I have one cue (the fourth one in the cue list) that sometimes just doesn't work. Most of the time when moving from cue 3 to 4 everything works normally but every now and then when the cue is run there is no change in the lights despite the cue actually running. I haven't found a way to replicate the fault. I'm happy to share the show file if that's helpful.  Any advice appreciated.

October 02, 2022, 08:00:16 AM
Reply #1

Adam

Show file attached.  The dodgy cue is the fourth cue on fader 1.  You'll notice that in cue two the lights are fairly bright, cue three is a semi-blackout and cue four is a return to the same state as cue two, when it works that is.....

October 03, 2022, 01:44:55 PM
Reply #2

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I did some test with your show file and noticed the problem.
I think I solved it changing the fade out time of the Cue 4 to 0,10 instead of 5s.
It should not change anything at your show and since then I did not see the problem again.
I hope this will help you, ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

October 04, 2022, 02:13:29 AM
Reply #3

Adam

Hi Justin, actually I'm not sure if I can change the fade out timer on cue 4, I'll need to check the show script.  Hopefully your dev team can find the root cause now that you have been able to replicate the fault.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:15:07 AM by Adam »

October 04, 2022, 11:06:03 AM
Reply #4

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Adam,
The fade in time is applied to the channels going up between 2 cues, while the fade out time is applied to the channels going down.
Between your cue 3 and 4 I do not see any channel going down so I  am not sure the 5s value of fade out for cue4 is really useful.
I hope this will help you,
enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk