Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueLuxPro - cue core3. - kiosc  (Read 1320 times)

October 03, 2022, 09:16:46 AM
Read 1320 times

Thomas MK

Hi!
I am light designer working mostly on grandMA but I am totally new with this (Visual) products.  :)

What I'd like to do:
First I'd like to create show in Cuelux pro then uploaded this file to cue core 3 run it as standalone and controlled it from Kiosc touch.
What I did for now:
I was created show (file) with some led fixtures. Some fresnel and spots and some led par robe parfect.
Now I'd like to upload this show to cue core but don't know how. In you manuals there's nothing specific how to do this.
Second I'd like to create some layouts (pages) on kiosc touch. I'm using kiosc editor but again I don't know how to connect created file to cue core. Is there a way to pre-programming faders, buttons, etc. in CueLux pro and uploaded it with show file to cue core and after this edited in Kiosc Editor?

I am using:
Mac Pro M1
Cue Core 3
Kiosc Touch

Thank you for any help!

October 03, 2022, 01:18:30 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi,
The informations about about how to dump a cuelist into the CueCore memory are in the Cuelux pro manual ( page 42).
https://www.visualproductions.nl/downloads/manual/manual_cueluxpro_en_10.pdf

Anyway it's quite easy, once you have connected the CueluxPro universes to the CueCore's outputs in the patch/universes windows and created a cuelist, just click on the 'dump' button, then click on the 'play' button  of the cuelist you want to dump.

Type the CueCore track number you want to use , for exemple '01' and then type 'enter'.
A window will pop-up asking you to select the recording frame rate, to finish just click ok, and cuelux pro will automatically export and record your cuelist into the CueCore memory. 

Once you have stored your cuelists into the Cuecore's tracks, you have to assign them to cues for the 16 available playbacks of Cuecore3.
From now you will be able to jump to any of those cues using the show control functions using for exemple UDP or OSC message sent directly from Kiosc, or you can also directly use some API messages to without using the show control section.

You can find all the API messages in the Appendix D of the CueCore3 manual.

I hope all those informations will help you,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 04, 2022, 10:39:39 AM
Reply #2

Thomas MK

I am so sorry for so late response. I was busy with other projects.

Julien THANK YOU for this. It helped a lot.
Everything works great and it's really easy once you know how!
But i still don't know everything so i have some questions. My problem with this project are with led pars. When i dump a cue to cuecore with led pars all DMX values are initially 0 on cueore but i need some DMX values to be "locked" on some others values than 0.
So some fixtures need to have some predefined DMX levels. In my case i have 6 ROBE - Parfects (as mentioned earlier) started on DMX adr. 9 (1st one) and for proper dimming DMX 17  at 127 and DMX 18 at 32 is required. Now how do i  prepare the CUE (only dimmer parameter) for a proper dump and what do i do in cuecore to have this predefined DMX values already at start?

Thank you again!!!!!

November 04, 2022, 11:05:55 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I am glad to know that my instructions helped you.

About your new problem I can see multiple solutions.
1-  if your dumped cuelist do not have to start from a specific point, start the cuelist before dumping it. This way it will not start from 0 in the recorded cue.
2- create a cue where you will set your channels to 127, place this cue at the beginning of your Cuelist and give it a delay of 0,1s or less
3- create an other cuelist with a cue with all your channels set to the right value. Start this cuelist before dumping your other cuelist and in the dumping window don't check the 'isolate channel' option.
4- in the show control tab of the cuecore create some DMX task triggered when cuecore2 starts ( system/startup) and directly set those DMX values.

I hope this will help you,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 14, 2022, 03:53:06 PM
Reply #4

Thomas MK

Thank you Julien!

I choose option 4 and Its working fine with me!

Thank you again!!!

November 21, 2022, 11:54:15 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk