Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueluxPro and Behringer X-Touch Compact Feedback LEDs  (Read 1165 times)

November 24, 2022, 10:04:42 AM
Read 1165 times

DragonCreationS

• Markus | DragonCreations
Hello there!

I just received my new Behringer X-Touch Compact and trying out CueluxPro because i will get a CueCore2 soon.

While testing I realised that there is no Playback-Feedback of the Fader-Buttons when a Cue is actve.

I took a research in the XML-file and tried to figure out, if this was implemented and didn't quite figure it out...

So to help me out looking for this stuff I'd need a Message-Map of the Behringer X-Touch with the Indexes. Do you have one? I didn't find any on the internet.
That would make my research a lot easyer.

Secondly, is it implemented that the LEDs should light up when a cue is actve?

Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings from Austria!

Markus
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 10:07:58 AM by DragonCreationS »

November 25, 2022, 05:38:00 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hello,
I am not the one who did the X-touch compact midimap and the person who did it  is not in the company anymore.
I had a quicklook at the midimap file and it seems that some feedback had been implemented.
I am not 100% sure but from my testing it seems that the buttons should light up, but because of the X-touch setting it doesn't stay on. I did not had time to check if it would be editable with a sysex file.

About the midi monitor you can directly use cuelux pro. Click on monitor, then serial, and select midi? You will be able to see all the midi messages received by Cuelux Pro and what it is sending.
Good luck ;)

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 28, 2022, 11:00:05 PM
Reply #2

DragonCreationS

• Markus | DragonCreations
Thank you very much for your quick response, I‘ve been very busy these days and will try to test it out at the weekend.

Is there any documentation of the Midi-API of Cuelux Pro?

I‘ve recognized that the spelling and general setup differ between the Cuelux Pro and the Cuelux file.

That would really help me out a lot.

A little Feature-Request:
Would be great if one of your programmers could spend some time on implementing a Midi mapping tool as seen in other programs, where you can set incoming and outgoing Midi Signals to provided funktions and save the settings in a custom xml in the background, kind of like the vBuilder. I think your library would fill up very quickly on all kinds of Midi interfaces.

Coming back here, when i tested things out.

Greetings
Markus

November 29, 2022, 11:12:16 AM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
We do not have any Midi-api file for Cuelux pro.

But you can use the 'actions' of Cuelux pro (click on memories then on actions).
From here you will be able to create a kind of midimap creating some actions with midi as input source.
Using the learn function you will be able to directly have the midi message from the midi controller, and in the task list you will be able to find all the available controls of Cuelux pro.
Once it works in an action, you will be able to update your midi maps using the same key words.

Good luck :)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk