Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: BStation 2 with CueCore2 and CueCore3  (Read 1410 times)

November 26, 2022, 12:05:08 AM
Read 1410 times

BjMae

Hi,
Have just added a CueCore3 to an existing install with one Station controlling a CueCore2.
The BStaation2 is set up with CueCore controls, triggering playbacks.
Out of the box the CueCore3 is not triggered from the BStation2 - what will be the best route to go to ensure control over three different zones and 5 active DMX universes?
alternative 1; CueCore3 as Master and CueCore2 as Slave - would that work?
Alternative 2 Send OSC commands to CC2 and CC3 on their respective IP adresses?

kindest regards,
-.Bjørnar

November 28, 2022, 09:47:42 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hello,
I will be missing some more detailed informations to be able to help you with your project.
How do you control the CueCore2 from the Bstation2? Is it via OSC or UDP? Do you use BStation2 Template? DO you use cuecore2's API commands or custom show control?
Depending on what you cant to be able to do from the B-station many different options are available.
If you include the CueCore3's IP address in the B-station2 OSC settings, then the BStation2 will send the same messages to both Cuecores.
Or you can decide to set the CueCore3 as a master receiving all the messages from the B-station and following them to the CueCore2 if needed.
I hope this will help you,
Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 29, 2022, 01:42:25 PM
Reply #2

BjMae

I´ll elaborate ;)

This museum install has been running from a CC2 for a year, with BStation2 starting and stopping cues (i.e turning off and on the lights in the temporary part of the exhibition)
After a change from HID to LED fixtures, the museum needed more DMXuniverses and has added a CueCore3 to the setup. All well and dandy - the MA2 used to program the lights are outputting sACN to the network and both CC2 and CC3 are recording and playing back as anticipated. However, when triggering cues from Station 2 only CueCore2 responds.
I'm using CueCore Template on Bstation and OSC on CueCore side.
I've tried having BStation send OSC to both IPadresses
I've tried Sending to CC3 and forwarding to CC2
I've tried sending til CC2 and forwarding to CC3
Same result every time; only CC2 responds on Station commands.

Bstation IP 192.168.1.101
CC2 IP 192.168.1.10
CC3 IP 192.168.1.12

grandMA2 Outputs sACN from 192.168.1.51

November 29, 2022, 02:19:15 PM
Reply #3

BjMae

Update;
Even when CueCore3 is set as Master with CueCore2 as slave, only CueCore2 responds to BStation Commands...
All units were updated to latest firmware friday nov 25.

November 29, 2022, 04:57:14 PM
Reply #4

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
OK, I understand a bit better what you are doing now.

First, to use the master/slave function of Cuecores it's better to have tracks that have been recorded together, I don't know if it's your case.

Now, the B-station template is using API commands to control the CueCores.

First you can check in the monitor page that the Cuecore 3 is receiving the OSC messages, if not hat means that there is a problem with the ip settings or network.

If the Cuecore 3 receives the OSC command, check that the first word in the osc message is the same than  the API prefix of the Cuecore 3 ( see in the setting page)
/core/pb/1/go+ ( core in this exemple).

If evrything is set right it should work.

If not send me an email at support"at"visualproductions"dot"nl, with your details and I will help you directly by phone.

Enjoy ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk