Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Beamz BT270 not in list Cuety  (Read 1494 times)

January 18, 2023, 07:03:00 PM
Read 1494 times

swaatje2023

Hi there,
I'm new to DMX but in my classroom there are 12 LED lights and 2 Cuety's. And I would like to start using them, of course..

In the Cuety app everything seems fine as far as I can see.
In Options I see both LPU's with an IP address and Patch is done too so I started with just 1 of the lights to see if it works.
I succeeded in making a cue (thanks to the tutorials  ;)).
So if I select one and start editing a cue with 1 of the lights it should work. In Personality I selected RGBW in Generic as my light.
However, it doesn't turn on.

So starting to search for another type, I cannot seem to find my Beamz BT270 LED light in the Personality library.
These are the specifications: BT270 LED FLAT PAR 7X6W 4-IN-1 RGBW

Do I need to upload this type of light myself, or do I need to use another setting in Generic?
And if so, which one would that be? In the mean time I tried several, but none seem to work..
Hopefully there's more info on this forum :-)

Kind regards,
Richard.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 07:46:47 PM by swaatje2023 »

January 19, 2023, 12:42:32 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
You should be able to control your led par with the generic personality you selected.
But you need to check that the led PAR is set in the right mode , the 4 ch mode.
Then check, that your light is connected to the LPU you are actually using with cuety.
To know which LPU you are using, in options do a double click on the selected LPU and the corresponding LPU will have its LED flashing.
Last thing, check that the address you set in your patch fits the actual address of the LED PAR!
Once all that sorted, it should work perfectly fine.

In the patch windows you could also activate the virtual dimmer for the fixture, this way it will create a virtual 5ch to control the intensity of the light.

If you want to use the other modes of the fixture you will have to create a custom fixture using the free Vbuilder software.
https://www.visualproductions.nl/downloads/
you can find some video tutorials about it on youtube!

If you do not succeed doing it yourself, then you can make a request on the forum and I will create it for you, but delays is 2 or 3 days!

Enjoy ;)

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 20, 2023, 11:07:33 PM
Reply #2

swaatje2023

Thank you for this advice!
I'll give it a try next week and will post an update.
Regards.

January 23, 2023, 10:42:17 AM
Reply #3

swaatje2023

I checked all the things mentioned  ;)

The LPU blinks in red and when I double click in Options it blinks a bit faster and brighter. So I know which LPU is which.
A cue is made with 2 actions, but still none of the lights will light up.

For the moment I have just one light patched: in Generic type RGB 01x
There is no option for the amount of channels when I use this type of light. But I have a feeling that the address is not correct, as mentioned in the answer.

So, how do I know what the address of the lights are, or in this case just one light?
Let's make this one work first..  :-\

Regards,
Richard.

January 23, 2023, 11:11:24 AM
Reply #4

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
OK, so it's probably an address or mode problem.

In the patch windows of cuety, for each fixture at the bottom right of the square you will see a number, this is the DMX address of the fixture, it can go from 1 to 255.
I guess in your case it's 1.

Then you need to check on your fixture that the address is also set to 1 and that you are using the 4 channels mode , check the fixture manual to know how to do this.

Good luck
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk