Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Possible bugs in new .33 release  (Read 2693 times)

August 18, 2009, 10:48:18 PM
Read 2693 times

atomicpicnic

Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Cuelux .33b

Sent these to Zoe but Maarten may also know if these are possible bugs.

1. When not in full screen mode the program will not close by selecting quit in the Cuelux menu or using command quit. In full-screen mode the command quit will not close the program. An escape feature would be nice to revert back to non-fullscreen mode. The only way to turn the program off is by holding down the power button.

2. The software update link generated under the check now for updates was broken and could not be clicked.

3. Frequently when selecting fixtures in the patch screen, I am unable to deselect a fixture and each time I click on a fixture it adds it to the selection instead of switching the selection. Once you press the power button or patch button again it will take you to the main grid where you can deselect the fixture.

4. After adding similar fixtures to a group, the correct members are not listed in the group. Once you click away from a group that contains similar fixtures, the correct updated fixture is shown.

Example.

I have a group called "LED Backlight Outside" with a member labeled "64B LED Pro Back Outside"
I have another group called "LED Backlight Inside" with a member labeled "64B LED Pro Back Inside"
When switching between the groups The correct member is not listed, only the previous. When I select on a group labeled "DP-DMX20L" containing different fixtures and switch back the updated members are correct.

August 19, 2009, 11:15:08 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl

1. When not in full screen mode the program will not close by selecting quit in the Cuelux menu or using command quit. In full-screen mode the command quit will not close the program. An escape feature would be nice to revert back to non-fullscreen mode. The only way to turn the program off is by holding down the power button.
I have noticed this myself as well. Something goes wrong here. Hopefully I can find out soon why this is not working in this manner

2. The software update link generated under the check now for updates was broken and could not be clicked.
Yes this is a bug indeed.

3. Frequently when selecting fixtures in the patch screen, I am unable to deselect a fixture and each time I click on a fixture it adds it to the selection instead of switching the selection. Once you press the power button or patch button again it will take you to the main grid where you can deselect the fixture.
I'll look into this as well.

4. After adding similar fixtures to a group, the correct members are not listed in the group. Once you click away from a group that contains similar fixtures, the correct updated fixture is shown.
I'll try to reproduce this and see what goes wrong. It sounds like a GUI-refreshing issue.

Thanks for letting me know of this issues, i'll keep you posted as soon as I've made some fixes.
(Just released 0.34, so fixes will appear in the next releases)
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk